We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day 3 & 4 Trip Report

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
542 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Day 3 & 4 Trip Report

Day 3 (Sat.): Parliament tour - was closed last time, so first time I got to see the inside - really good tour! I enjoyed it very much. I'm really glad i booked that ahead. I could not believe all the tourists in Westminster when we came out of the tube station. After the Parliament tour, we went to Westminster Abbey. Line looked huge but moved pretty quickly. Super crowded inside and they didn't seem to be offering guided tours, which I would have liked. I had been before, and last time it was pretty quiet, so it wasn't as enjoyable this time. Of course, still worth seeing. Then walked over to the Churchill War Rooms, which was interesting. We went back to the hotel to relax awhile, and then took the tube to Knightsbridge to go to Harrod's. I couldn't afford much there, except a shopping tote, but it was fun to look around at all the designer stuff. We grabbed some dinner and called it a night.

Day 4 (Sun.): We were up pretty early and decided to go to Portobello Rd. It was pretty quiet when we got there, but busy when we left. It wasn't my favorite place - not really a lot that interested me. Later, we went to Covent Garden, which I liked a lot better. Probably because I like to shop! I found my store - Monsoon - I liked just about everything in there. I bought a couple of skirts on sale for half off, so I was happy. I did some other shopping, too. I'm just trying to support the local economy. :-) We also went to the London Transport Museum. I thought we would just make a brief visit since we have the London Pass, but I was really impressed by it, so we ended spending a lot of time there. I thought it was really well done, and would be a great place to take kids - lots of interactive stuff for them to do. (That's the teacher part of me coming out.)

More random thoughts:

I'm really impressed with the service we have received everywhere. Everyone has been really friendly and helpful.

My legs are tired! And I work out five days a week! It's amazing how much walking you do when sightseeing.

If I had my packing to do over, I would bring skirts and dresses and just one pair of jeans.

Tomorrow - Hampton Court!

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day 3 & 4 Trip Report

Thank you for your reports. This is a massive heat wave for us (apparently hasn't been so hot since 2006) so normally you would need your jeans.

You will love Hampton Court!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Day 3 & 4 Trip Report

Glad you've been enjoying yourself.

Enjoy Hampton Court - lots of fun to be had there.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day 3 & 4 Trip Report

Another great episode, on our last visit I decided to use a step counter to see how many kms we would do in a day sightseeing and was amazed to find we covered nearly 20kms in a day without even realising it. I'm looking forward to the Hampton Court part.

4. Re: Day 3 & 4 Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 06:19