We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Three London questions! Help a girl out!

Gainesville, Florida
6 posts
Save Topic
Three London questions! Help a girl out!

I'll be in London from October 27th to November 4th so....

Question 1. How cold do you think its going to be? I'm not asking for God just a general idea.

Question 2. I'm staying at Park Plaza County Hall London. Is that good? Anyone stay there before?

Question 3. I ordered Fodor's London 25 Best because I really liked the Paris Version. So! While I'm waiting to check that out what are your top 25 don't miss London? Gimme your top 25!

Thanks! =) I hope I get some responses!

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,352 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Three London questions! Help a girl out!

Q1. We don't know, but this link will enable you to see what the temperature was on those datesi in previous years. This may or may not be helpful.

wunderground.com/history/…

Q2. A good location .

Q3http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k6636096-Sightseeing_in_London_U_K-London_England.html#50974486

Edited: 14 July 2013, 22:33
London, United...
Level Contributor
9,352 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Three London questions! Help a girl out!

Try again.

tripadvisor.co.uk/…50974486

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,370 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Three London questions! Help a girl out!

How cold do I think it's going to be? No idea. In the last four years, two of them have had days in late October and early November that were so mild that deck chairs were still out on the grass in Green Park, and it was certainly warm enough to sit outside a pub or cafe and enjoy a drink or two of an afternoon. It's also been grey, drizzly and chilly in late October as well as grey, drizzly and mild.

The Met Office's forecast on 26 October might still be accurate on the 27th, but it may not. There may or may not be a bit of fog on hand as well; last year there were two or three days in late October that were foggy enough to cause much aggro at Heathrow airport. This year? Unknown at present.

County Hall is a popular area for visitors, and the Park Plaza considered quite a nice hotel. A five minute walk across Westminster Bridge will take you to Westminster station, and buses to and from the area are handy as well if you would like to see the city instead of Tube tunnels. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…county-hall-a4.pdf

The top 10 (or 25) of what to see and do will vary from person to person. I'm always happy to pop in to the Museum of London and Courtauld Gallery, but another person may visit the British Museum every time they go to London. Have a look at the Eyewitness Guide, packed with photos as well as text, and think about what you would like to see and do.

Gainesville, Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Three London questions! Help a girl out!

Thanks for the replies =)

California
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Three London questions! Help a girl out!

Some of my faves:

Tower of London

British Museum

Museum of London

Borough Market (Thurs-Sat only)

Spitalfields Market

Fleet Street/City pub crawl

River Cruise to Greenwich

Hampton Court Palace

Windsor Palace

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Three London questions! Help a girl out!

I'll add a couple to the list:

Westminster Abbey (don't skip the RAF chapel)

The Horse Guards (changing of the guard there)

War Cabinet Rooms

Houses of Parliament (walk by or see it from the river)

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
55 posts
465 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Three London questions! Help a girl out!

Have you been before? The answer may affect your to do list, but my list would include:

London Eye

Thames River Cruise

Buckingham Palace; changing of the Guard

Westminster Abbey

St. Paul's Cathedral

Tower of London

A play

Harrod's

Windsor Castle

British Museum

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,897 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Three London questions! Help a girl out!

Please do not click the link for "Windsor Castle." For some reason this has been attached to a pub near Heathrow.

T.A. knows about the issue, and I hope is trying to correct it.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Three London questions! Help a girl out!

Question 1. How cold do you think its going to be? I'm not asking for God just a general idea.

-----------

It could be between minus 10 degrees centigrade up to plus 20 (15 to 70 Fahrenheit, rounded).

Wait until just before you come to see where on that scale it actually is. It could be at both ends during your holiday.

And re 3, another vote for cabinet war rooms / Churchill exhibition.

Edited: 15 July 2013, 08:23
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
35 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Three London questions! Help a girl out!

We went last year in November and the weather was chilly but by no means cold. I layered with a wind-breaker and was fine. My wife wore a thicker coat and thought it was too much.

We enjoyed St. Paul's (so impressed we went back for Sunday service), London Eye at or near dusk, and the boat tour was more enjoyable then I thought it would be. Westminster Abbey and Churchill War Rooms were also very good. Hope it helps!