We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best IHG Hotel for 2 Day stay in London before cruise

Albany, New York
5 posts
Save Topic
Best IHG Hotel for 2 Day stay in London before cruise

Hello,

Hope someone can advise me about best place to stay.

I have hotel points I am using and currently looking at an Indigo Hotel near Earl's Court or a Holiday Inn near Hammersmith. My husband and I are flying in on a Weds night around 9:30 and by the time we get our luggage and go through customs it will be around 11 pm. I am concerned about getting to the hotel. Using public transportation, which property would be the quickest, safest hotel to get too?

If both are equal, which would be better located for catching bus to Dover when we leave?

Thank you in advance.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
26,549 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best IHG Hotel for 2 Day stay in London before cruise

Would your points extend to Paddington?

Good Indigo on London Street.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,634 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best IHG Hotel for 2 Day stay in London before cruise

lordk, your bias is showing - !

I'd choose the Hotel Indigo in Barkston Gardens rather than the HI 'near' Hammersmith. LHR to Earl's Court is a straightforward 30 minutes on the Underground, with a lift up from the Piccadilly line platforms to ticket hall at the station. The hotel is at most a three minute walk from the station; Earl's Court Road will still be its usual busy self at 2300 (with an arrival at 2130 you should be on the Tube by 2230).

Instead of taking the slow road journey to Dover by coach, please consider the fast train from London St Pancras to Dover Priory. Travel time about an hour and 10 minutes and a more comfortable journey I'll wager. You may take the Piccadilly line from Earl's Court to King's Cross - another step free journey - with the domestic platforms at St Pancras (adjacent to KX) no more than five minutes' walk from the Underground plaforms. www.nationalrail.co.uk for train times and fares.

Albany, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best IHG Hotel for 2 Day stay in London before cruise

Thank you lordk for the Paddington suggestion, but they were not available for both nights.

Thank you TravellerPlus. I thought the Indigo might be the better choice. I will look into the train suggestion. Things are starting to come together and will be stress free after I read more on the destination forums!

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best IHG Hotel for 2 Day stay in London before cruise

Whichever IHG hotel you choose, I hope you do not need to contact them by email. I sent them an email asking about availability of vegetarian dining options at one of their hotels and this is the reply I received

'Thank you for your email. We are currently experiencing higher email volume than usual. Please expect delays to our responses which may take up to 2-3 weeks. If you need urgent assistance, please call us at 1-800-621-0555. '

2 to 3 weeks to reply to a simple query - how do these people stay in business ?

5. Re: Best IHG Hotel for 2 Day stay in London before cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 06:21