We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Website for tourist attraction / underground station??

naperville, illinois
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Website for tourist attraction / underground station??

Is there any website or listing somewhere that will give the closest underground station for the appropriate tourist attraction?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,384 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Website for tourist attraction / underground station??

There are bus and Underground map within this guide. The bus map gives viable options to the Underground; it's good to have options as weekend works or unexpected delays may mean you'll have to use surface transport rather than rely on the Tube. Don't forget the Overground and DLR as well for some journeys. tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/visitor-guide.pdf

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Website for tourist attraction / underground station??

Most attractions will tell you how to get to them, and say which is the nearest Tube station. Which attractions are you thinking of?

There is a great journeyplanner on the tfl.gov.uk site that TP has mentioned.

The nearest Tube station may not be the best - it may be on teh wrong side of the river; or on an inconvenient line for your journey.....

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,336 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Website for tourist attraction / underground station??

Get a proper map - not a Tube map. Even Google Maps is better. It will tell you where places are in relation to each other and to Tube stations

London
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Website for tourist attraction / underground station??

Part 6 of this Visitors Guide may be what you're looking for.

tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/visitor-guide.pdf

Although it's mainly about buses, it does show the nearest underground stations to a lot of the major attractions.

naperville, illinois
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Website for tourist attraction / underground station??

Thanks all..... I have been using the journey planner on tfl.gov.uk and it is very helpful. And

I do look at each attractions website for their visiting information and directions. I guess I was just wondering if there was one central site....

Thanks.!

Sweden
Level Contributor
1,945 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Website for tourist attraction / underground station??

Google Maps that has been mentioned is a great asset when planning trips to London. Do various searches of the attractions you want to visit and you'll see closest tube station as well.

Also, you could possibly find a guidebook in your nearest library that might be helpful?

naperville, illinois
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Website for tourist attraction / underground station??

I've used google maps in the past and I really didn't care for it...just me I guess.

I do have a good guide book but it doesn't have such a listing.

One of our flight attendant friends just picked up a bunch of info on her last trip there a couple of days ago , so I will see what all she gives me. I did have some info from a previous trip, but since our basement flooded in April (the Chicago area got hammered with rain)...it must have been tossed out in the cleaning process.

Thanks all

8. Re: Website for tourist attraction / underground station??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 07:19