We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From London City Airport to Bayswater/Queensway

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
193 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
From London City Airport to Bayswater/Queensway

Will arrive to London City Airport and from there make my way in to the Bayswater area (Queensway). Thought I'd go by the DLR and then change to the tube for the final part.

I have an Oyster Card that I could top up. Can that be done at the station at London City Airport? Machine only, or is there an actual ticket window where I can get assistance?

I will need a 7 day travel card as well. At Heathrow that could be bought at the airport and I also added a few pounds on the Oyster Card to cover for the trip from Heathrow in to London. So what I am trying to ask is if it is possible to do likewise at London City Airport.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,714 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From London City Airport to Bayswater/Queensway

Yes, the DLR station at London City Airport has a staffed ticket office.

London
Level Contributor
9,855 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From London City Airport to Bayswater/Queensway

The 'obvious' change from the DLR to the Central line is at Bank. However, that's a crowded station with narrow passageways and some stairs. For an easier journey (possibly a couple of minutes longer, but not much) go to Stratford and change to the Central there. At certain times there are direct DLR trains to Stratford, if not an easy change at Canning Town. Changing at Stratford is easier, lots of space/air and lifts/escalators.

In the unlikely event that the DLR ticket office isn't open at the airport, there are ticket machines - you can top up oyster using these. If you buy the 7 day at the airport, you're likely to be sold a zones 1-3, do you need that? If not, add a little PAYG then buy 7 day once into central area.

Vasteras, Sweden
Level Contributor
193 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From London City Airport to Bayswater/Queensway

Thank you!

4. Re: From London City Airport to Bayswater/Queensway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 06:20