We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last bomb site in london?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Derby.UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Last bomb site in london?

Is the car park opposite Mount Pleasant sorting office the last bomb site in London?

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,263 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last bomb site in london?

Slightly random "travel" question if I may say so.

Assuming you mean WW2 (otherwise you clearly need to include 7/7), in which case I rather doubt it. Here's one for starters : www.flickr.com/photos/maggiejones/5653137806/

Mike

Essex
Level Contributor
26,739 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last bomb site in london?

UXB's still get found on building sites, from time to time...

So the answer is "not necessarily!!".....

Derby.UK
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Last bomb site in london?

Sorry, it was a London question! Yes WW2, Daily Mail this week gave a post code of WC1X which didn't seem right.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,400 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last bomb site in london?

Here's another

gardenvisit.com/garden/st_dunstan_in_the_eas…

I believe the little green halfway along Victoria Street near the Albert pub could also be described as a bombsite in that a church once stood there and it was not built over, at least not the whole of the site.

Edited: 19 July 2013, 20:43
Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,365 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last bomb site in london?

As a kid in he 70's I remember being turfed out of the Imperial War Museum for an IR A bomb alert. We went back to gran's for tea, so can't comment on the prevalence of bombs in that pre-Internet era.

Does that count?

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Last bomb site in london?

The last V2 to fall on central London destroyed the Whitefield Tabernacle on Tottenham Court Road on the 25th March 1945 killing 9 people. There is a space there between Cafe Nero and Goodge Street Underground which is a little park. A lot of people who "bide a wee" there probably don't know that it's the last place a bomb fell on central London during WWII and exploded.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last bomb site in london?

Or you could just look them all up in one place

www.bombsight.org

8. Re: Last bomb site in london?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 05:18