We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Community Shield Football Tickets

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Community Shield Football Tickets

Hi there,

I am travelling to London from Australia in August and am trying to get hold of 4 tickets to the community shield at Wembley between Man United & Wigan on August 11th.

I have been told by Man United that it's unlikely that there will be a general admission sale of tickets. I really want these tickets so if people can help me out with some tips as to the best & most trustworthy sellers it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
914 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Community Shield Football Tickets

Buy Manchester United membership and you can then buy a community shield ticket as we have not sold our full allocation, and from what I understand, teh clubs are not allowed to sell Community Shield tickets via the general sale route, it would have to be the FA. You will need one membership per ticket, so 4 in total. That will give you tickets within the Manchester United end.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Community Shield Football Tickets

Thanks for that. As it is 'strictly one ticket per membership', do you know if I will be able to get the 4 tickets together? Really appreciate your help.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,432 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Community Shield Football Tickets

Buy tickets from Wigan, there is a very small chance of these selling out. Failing that you can buy a Club Wembley premium seat, I would imagine they are struggling to sell these.

rhyl, north wales
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Community Shield Football Tickets

What is the allocation for each team,maybe around 30,000 each?wigan will probably undersell by 15,000-20,000 I would have thought so tickets will probably go on general sale from there stadium at some point,which is where most of the united fans will go for there tickets once the official allocation has gone

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Community Shield Football Tickets

Thanks guys for the info. At this stage I've checked with Wigan & you still have to be a season ticket holder or have booked tickets through them las season (except for United match....) so that was a dead end. I also tried Club Wembley but that required a season membership in the thousands of pounds. Apparently the allocation was United 35000 & Wigan 15000 so I might just need some patience to wait & see if the FA release any returned by the clubs or any sold in general sale by the clubs. Unfortunately something I don't have when I'm so keen for tickets & they're so hard to come by.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
914 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Community Shield Football Tickets

If you get the United memberships for each of you wanting tickets, you can connect memberships together when buying/applying for tickets and will be allocated tickets seated together. Best bet would be to phone the ticker ice up and sort out membership and CS tickets at the same time if you choose this route.

The Community Shield tickets have been on sale to supporters through the two clubs for quite some time already, IIRC the United 'ballot' took place about a month ago, but as we have yet to sell our allocation, all those who entered the initial 'ballot' were successful in getting a ticket. The rest are still available to supporters with membership/season ticket/exec facilities from last season or for this coming season. The CS isn't that big a game really, and a Sunday afternoon KO isn't the easiest for getting public transport to/from the north west in the day.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Community Shield Football Tickets

Thanks everyone for the great help. I managed to get the tickets we wanted by getting a Man United membership. All worked out at a pretty decent price & got great seats.

One happy football fan now! Cheers.

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
914 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Community Shield Football Tickets

Nice one. Not long to go now, I wish it would hurry up tho, I need my United/football fix!

9. Re: Community Shield Football Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2014, 05:18