We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Purple Parking at Heathrow

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Purple Parking at Heathrow

Unable to find recent reviews for this service recommended by our travel agent. Has anyone used Purple Parking at Heathrow recently?

24 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,204 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Purple Parking at Heathrow

We used then a few years ago at the parking area by Brent Road, think they have a place nearer the airport now. The problem then was they only used Transit mini-buses which we found were a bit cramped and we had to wait for a second/third one to pick us up on our return. Price wise it was good and they often have offers if you sign up for their emails.

We used the on-airport car parks the last time and they use single deck buses to transfer you.

England
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Purple Parking at Heathrow

Thank you for your prompt response! we were trying to avoid buses of any description!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Purple Parking at Heathrow

If you're trying to avoid buses the only option really is either Meet and Greet or Heathrow onsite business parking, which is serviced by pretty awesome little pods. Take a look online by searching for 'Heathrow Pods'

Birmingham, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Purple Parking at Heathrow

We arrived back at Heathrow to find our car hadn't been returned. The man at the desk couldn't have been more unhelpful He didn't know where the car was, why it hadn't been returned, didn't have a phone number to call and didn't know where we could get the bus to whichever depot it was at.

Once we found the number, two seperate people said "this is the car that was recovered off the motorway". The depot is 3 miles from Heathrow and nowhere near the motorway. They stated the car had 'broken down' and didn't know why.

When we eventually found the shuttle bus, the driver stated he wasn't surprised as the company now uses agency drivers and there had been 'loads of accidents' in the recent past.

On arrival at the depot, the manager was utterly hopeless and couldn't care less. The car had three times the mileage it should have had on it and they now denied anybody had ever said it had broken down on the motorway. They refused to call out any mechanics and I went to my car to find two of their drivers taking my engine to pieces. The manager said we could stay at the depot all night for as long as he cared, we couldn't prove they were responsible.

I had to eventually find a number for a recovery garage and call a mechanic out. He found an engine part had been damaged and entered the throttle body, the likely cause of which the engine had been 'screwed'.

We were stuck at the parking depot for four hours and the only response I've had from the company is "you can't prove anything". Avoid at all costs

London
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Purple Parking at Heathrow

I've used Purple Parking in the past, but it takes a while getting to the car park from the airport, which is not particularly close, and is a bit tedious after a long flight.

The last time I used then, they have me the wrong pick up lane for my car, and it took me ages to locate it. They didn't apologize, or care less.

If you can afford it, I'd recommend parking at one of the official Heathrow car parks. Much closer and regular bus connections.

Edited: 18 August 2013, 18:18
London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Purple Parking at Heathrow

Purple Parkings main car park is a long, long way from the airport but is often the cheapest parking.

They also have a business car park by the official long term car park for Terminals 1 & 3 which is closer.

Unless you use Meet N Greet or Terminal 5 Business car park whatever service you use is going to involve a bus shuttle.

Kingston upon...
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Purple Parking at Heathrow

THEY CRASHED OUR CAR!!!!!!!!

Used Purple parking in Jan 2014. When we picked up our nearly brand new Mercedes we found that the day BEFORE someone crashed into the car in their "secure parking". It is not road worthy, and they didn't have the decency to inform us on the day of the crash.

Even worse they say that they can't progress the claim until they get the 3rd party to admit fault (an AA van - obviously known for their reckless driving and dishonesty !!!!).

So basically they park your car in a place where other people can crash into it, and if so you have to hope that they can find fault with who did it.

So far no offer of money back for the "service" that we paid for or any sign of compensation for being without a car which I need for work, other than verbal offer that I can arrange a hire car, pay for it, then claim money back off their insurance (the same insurance which they are not yet certain of.

So I really hate complaining about petty things, but I strongly advice anyone to not touch this company with a barge pole unless they don't mind the chance of their car getting smashed up.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,585 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Purple Parking at Heathrow

"If you're trying to avoid buses the only option really is either Meet and Greet or Heathrow onsite business parking, which is serviced by pretty awesome little pods. Take a look online by searching for 'Heathrow Pods'"

OMG!!

That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I really really loathe parking shuttle buses. I wish they had these at DFW. Would be the best thing ever.

England, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Purple Parking at Heathrow

Just returned on Sunday morning 2nd March to terminal 5 Our car was ready waiting. While packing the car I saw a someone's return car (a black one) driven into a post by the Purple Parking delivery driver, he then stalled the car then went into the post again. I then checked our car to find that the windscreen had been cracked. This was perfectly alright when we left it, we reported this to 'Captain Sweeney' the handover manager and filled in a form, 'Captain Sweeney' assured us that everything would be ok "these things happen everything will be sorted for you, we will be in contact with you" he said. At this point I noticed that the black car had been removed to a different location, I wonder why!

We eventually had to phone PP several times, on the last occasion we were told they had sent an email and to check our email (was not forthcoming as to what it contained). Yes there was an email to tell us they were not responsible and are not going to pay for the repair.

We used the return greet parking as a few years ago our suitcases were stolen from trailor at the back of the Purple Parking mini bus, we thought the had improved!!!

Just had a call from a SUE COOK customer relations administrator who insists we are not going to get anywhere. At least she phoned this time. It makes me wonder! Do they get a bonus.

NEVER EVER USE PURPLE PARKING

London, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Purple Parking at Heathrow

Have used purple parking "meet and greet" at Heathrow many times. Brilliant!!

Just drive into the car park, give car keys to attendant on the manned desk, get a receipt and off you go.

We recently had to extend our holiday abroad by 5 weeks. We just emailed purple parking, got a reply instantly saying "no problem - just let us know your new return flight details."

They charged us very little extra for our extended car park stay - excellent customer service.

Reply to: Purple Parking at Heathrow
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted