We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I get 7 day travelcard discout with Family & Friends?

Tainan, Taiwan
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Topic

We live in taiwan and know less about London transprt system.

Our family (3 adults aged over 26 and 1 kid aged 5) will visit London on 9/3-14 at first time.

I get more information about Family & Friends from this website EXCEPT discont of 7 day travelcard.

Our commute in London mostly via tube.

Thanks so much.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,047 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I get 7 day travelcard discout with Family & Friends?

There is no discount available for season tickets (seven day and longer Travelcards) with the Family & Friends Railcard.

However, buy the seven day cards at a National Rail ticket office and use them with the offers at www.daysoutguide.co.uk PLEASE read the two traveller articles (in the top questions about London section at the top right of the forum's home page) about Travelcards and the two for one offers as there is a great deal of information in both that will answer many of the questions you might have about buying the correct Travelcards and using the offers.

Edited: 24 July 2013, 03:13
Tainan, Taiwan
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I get 7 day travelcard discout with Family & Friends?

Thanks so much. That's clear and useful.

By the way , we will also visit Cambrige, Windsor and Oxford seperately in 3 days by train.

I think it will be more cheaper to take off peak advanced train.

With this deal, should we need to buy Family & Friends railcard for any discount?

My travel-group size contains 3 adults and 1 kid aged 5.

Apperciate your recommendation.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Can I get 7 day travelcard discout with Family & Friends?

Yes - you will probably save enough on those trips to offset the cost of the railcard

You'll need to do the maths to be sure

Edited: 24 July 2013, 07:41
4. Re: Can I get 7 day travelcard discout with Family & Friends?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 July 2014, 06:21