We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madamme Taussauds queues

here
Level Contributor
304 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Madamme Taussauds queues

Hello :) if we prepurchase tickets from madamme taussauds official website will we be able to skip lines that might take 1.5 hours? Will there still be a wait?

Also if we do that do we have to know the specific day were coming in? Did anyone do the spirit of london ride with a child? Is it dark? He is afraid of the dark and loud banging noises. Thanks for the help!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madamme Taussauds queues

We purchased combo MT/London Eye tickets online last summer and when we got to MT, we still had to wait in a queue with all the other people who purchased tickets online. But it was a lot shorter than the ticket line! We waited about 20 minutes, I think. If I remember correctly, we had to pick a day and a time slot on the day. Details should be on their website. I do not recommend going on a weekend. Crowds are even worse and makes it a lot less enjoyable.

The Spirit of London ride should be fine for children, but you will probably want to skip the torture chamber section.

here
Level Contributor
304 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madamme Taussauds queues

thank u for your reply!

we will be going on a friday at about 4:30 pm and will prepurchase tickets online so i really hope this would be OK and the waiting time will not exceed 20 minutes

singapore
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Madamme Taussauds queues

is there really a queue? I've been to MT Sydney on weekday and there's no queue whatsoever.I was free to do my own things there and the crowd was bearable.

I plan to go to MT London so I should be expecting a queue? it's news to me.

here
Level Contributor
304 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madamme Taussauds queues

yes ! i read that queue could take up to 2 hours sometimes!

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,379 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Madamme Taussauds queues

I strongly suspect that only Wimbledon beats Madam Tussauds for queues, and MT is like that every day. I've never been past it when there hasn't been a massive queue. The only other place like that is The Dungeons.

here
Level Contributor
304 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Madamme Taussauds queues

Thanks Akkarin

This is what I read everywhere

That's why we will purchase tickets online instead of benefiting from the 2 4 1 vouchers. In my opinion it's worth paying more and not having to wait for at least an hour with a 3 year old child and with only 4 days in beautiful London!

michigan
Level Contributor
343 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Madamme Taussauds queues

This is good info to have, I will be in London Dec. 27 -Jan 3 and was unsure what ticketing option to go with but it sounds like I should buy their tix thru their website to save some line time. Thanks.

here
Level Contributor
304 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Madamme Taussauds queues

I don't know how queues will be at that time. Maybe search the forum or ask this question. :)

I know it's crazy in July, august and september

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,821 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Madamme Taussauds queues

But why would anyone pay to queue outside, then queue all the way round?

Surely there are more interesting things to do in London for 2 hours?

If you want to look at "celebrities", you can just look around when you are walking about, as many live in London....

Raymond Terrace...
Level Contributor
1,073 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Madamme Taussauds queues

Because #9 it's one of those places that you have to see on your first visit to London. That said, it's one of those places that is constantly changing - I have no doubt that all the 'celebrities' I was photographed with on my visit (which was in December 1986!) would be gone now, replaced by more updated notaries.

Edited: 28 July 2013, 22:24