We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

value of London Pass

Cape May, New Jersey
Level Contributor
145 posts
Save Topic
value of London Pass

I've read the various comments, pro and con, about the cost/value of the pass. I will only be in London for three days. Arrive the last week of August after the bank holiday. With the short time in London, saving time by reducing the wait at key sights is more valuable to me than trying to figure out if I would save any money.

My question is: At the locations that indicate "Fast track" , do you really save time with by-passing people waiting in line, or is this just a markteting ploy. Any idea as to how much time is saved? I know it can vary, day by day, but a rough idea would be helpful. Any insight would be helpful. Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,034 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: value of London Pass

Fast track with the Londonpass is not compltely a marketing ploy, but it's not something that adds value as much as the pass vendors would like visitors to think.

Queues aren't lengthy at most sights and attractions; after Bank Holiday weekend they'll be considerably shorter than most of next month. You might have to wait five or 10 minutes at, say, the Tower, but no longer than that.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,141 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: value of London Pass

Fast track or queue skipping is only available at seven of the attractions covered by London Pass:

Tower of London

St Paul's Cathedral

Hampton Court Palace

Windsor Castle

London Bridge Experience

ZSL London Zoo

Kensington Palace & The Orangery

Out of all those, only the Tower of London is likely to have a line, and even that will likely be less than 20 minutes. Once in, you have to queue for the Crown Jewels and the Yeoman Warder tour just like everyone else. (See the Crown Jewels first thing if you arrive in the morning to save time)

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: value of London Pass

As Laura says the Fast Track locations listed are not those that particularly have queues.

The Tower of London seems to have got its act together recently, I went passed the ticket office twice last week mid-morning and there was empty ticket attendants on both occasions.

Windsor Castle you sometimes wait 10 minutes if you are there around opening time

The ones that you possibly might find Fast Track helpful in my experience are the "entertainments" Madame Tussauds, London Dungeon and the London Eye.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,141 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: value of London Pass

At Windsor Castle, the lines are longest when the coach tours arrive in the morning. Be careful not to get in the same line, as they have their own separate line.

The London Eye may have a line that looks lengthy, but it is designed to take 800 pax in 30 minutes, so it is fast moving.

Most people here would not encourage you to queue for either London Dungeons or Madame Tussauds.

5. Re: value of London Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:16