We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Tour Guide In London!!! JOHN BLAKEY

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
12 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best Tour Guide In London!!! JOHN BLAKEY

In July 2013, my husband and I invited our family to visit London. There were eight of us, including 3 grandchildren, ages 6,8, and 10. My husband and I have been to London dozens of times and it is our favorite place.

Because we had a large group, I decided to hire a guide who would be great with children, and have excellent knowledge of London and the area around London. I selected John Blakey, a Blue Badge Guide. I had read many glowing reports about him, and contacted him over a year ago. He put together a three-day tour for us that was exceptional. John made sure children took double decker bus, tube, boat trip down the Thames to Tower of London, etc.

After 4 nights in London we flew to Barcelona for a Mediterranean cruise on a ship that had everything for children. Here is the best part about the entire experience. When I asked what was their favorite part of the vacation they said London and John! I agree.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Tour Guide In London!!! JOHN BLAKEY

Here is his listing: http://tinyurl.com/kzpzdqg

Edited: 31 July 2013, 12:31
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Tour Guide In London!!! JOHN BLAKEY

He doesn't carry a clipboard and wear a long black waterproof coat and a cap?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Tour Guide In London!!! JOHN BLAKEY

Glad you enjoyed your time in London and were happy with the guide.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,032 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Tour Guide In London!!! JOHN BLAKEY

How fortuitous.

Texas
Level Contributor
5,881 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Tour Guide In London!!! JOHN BLAKEY

What a great memory for your family!

Rocklin, California
Level Contributor
8 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Tour Guide In London!!! JOHN BLAKEY

Definitely concur with you! We were fortuitously paired up with John Blakey for 4 days of touring of London, Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Oxford on our recent trip (July 2-6). John's knowledge and love of all British lore, history, and locales, along with his amazing storytelling abilities translated to a truly vibrant, entertaining experience. He seems to also know everyone at the attractions...which meant being able to jump queues and gain quick entry. He also shared a lot about his own experiences, which, not surprisingly, includes acting and writing. Ask for John Blakey if you have the chance!

Twining, Michigan
Level Contributor
65 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Tour Guide In London!!! JOHN BLAKEY

How did you book Mr. Blakey? Do you have a website or email address?

8. Re: Best Tour Guide In London!!! JOHN BLAKEY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 July 2014, 08:05
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Tour Guide In London!!! JOHN BLAKEY

Our family recently returned from a visit to London where we immensely enjoyed John Blakey's one day introduction to London. He is, as others have noted, a great deal of fun to spend time with, and was most considerate of us and our needs, including an 87-year old mother. He is not only a fountain of knowledge, of just the sort of things you are glad to find out, but a great person to spend time with, and will identify good restaurants within your parameters.

London can be hard to negotiate within the constraints of a limited visit, but John made its stories come alive and live in our memories.

Edited: 25 August 2014, 14:48
10. Re: Best Tour Guide In London!!! JOHN BLAKEY

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2015, 07:15