We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luton Airport to Reading

Wheat Ridge...
1 post
Save Topic
Luton Airport to Reading

Need to travel Luton -> Reading. I've read there's an easy ride from Gatwick -> Reading. So what's the best way to get Luton -> Gatwick? Then there seem to be train options from Gatwick to Reading.

Cheers, thanks

Al

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,382 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luton Airport to Reading

That would be an absolutely idiotic way of doing it. Look at a map and you'll see why

The simplest way is to get a National Express coach from Luton Airport to Heathrow central bus station (unfortunately only every two hours) and then get the railair coach to Reading (every 20-30 minutes)

The other way would be to get yourself into central London, then to Paddington station for a train to Reading (fast trains 4-6 times an hour). It does involve transfers in central London but they are not that difficult

Or hire a car and drive - quicker and shorter than any other route

Edited: 31 July 2013, 19:12
UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luton Airport to Reading

I've read there's an easy ride from Gatwick -> Reading. So what's the best way to get Luton -> Gatwick?

-------

This is crazy thinking, you need to take geography into account as well !

Either train to London, tube to paddington, train to reading, or coach to Heathrow, coach to reading.

Train probably fastest.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luton Airport to Reading

National Express coaches also go to Oxford from Luton (takes about 2 hours) and the train then takes about 25 minutes to Reading. Just another option to consider. It's a short walk from the coach stop to the railway station - 10 minutes tops. But probably not the quickest route overall. Would you consider hiring a car? Some will let you pick up and drop off in different towns. It would be quicker then public transport.

Angie

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,899 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luton Airport to Reading

>>> Need to travel Luton -> Reading <<<

Aha, another of those 'If I was going there, I wouldn't start from here' questions.

You should fly into Heathrow, Gatwick, Southampton or Birmingham for easy connections to Reading.

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Luton Airport to Reading

What is the easiest and quickest way from Luton Airport to Reading?

Dublin, Ireland
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luton Airport to Reading

I have already booked to arrive in Luton Airport. What is the easiest way to travel onwards to Reading.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luton Airport to Reading

I agree with wirewiper, I wouldn't start from Luton to go to Reading.

www.nationalexpress.com for coach times and fares. Some will travel via Victoria Coach Station in central London, others will stop at Heathrow's Central Bus Station.

Depending on the time of day and day of the week you plan to travel, either option could see busy roads along the way.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,153 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Luton Airport to Reading

easiest and quickest way

==================

This is not likely to be the cheapest way. Easiest and quickest would be hire a cab (£££) or hire a car.

Otherwise take the advice you have already been given.

9. Re: Luton Airport to Reading

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:21