We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of Coachhire.com Terms & Conditions.You will be stung

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Beware of Coachhire.com Terms & Conditions.You will be stung

I recently hired a coach for a day event from London to Windsor through Coachhire, who are actually a booking company subcontracting to drivers. The sales team are excellent, as any sales person would be when they are being commissioned to sell.

I followed all their instructions confirming and validating the booking. The bus did not show up, it took me 45 mins to get in touch with someone at the office. After much debate the intimated they would pay for our taxi's to replace the bus to the event and back again. However when it came to speaking to the General Manager to get this refunded I was pointed to their T&C's saying they will only refund the cost and they are not liable for any further costs. But they were "very sorry".

The admitted due to "human error" the sub-contractor had not booked the bus, even though the guy on the day told me that the driver had picked up the keys to the bus and was now MIA.

So really it was all about saying anything to get me off the phone and not have to provide any compensation or alternative method of transportation.

Sadly, this is the second bad experience I have had with this company. I warn everyone even though the cost may be cheap...there is always a reason. I suggest trying to find an alternative and direct contract.

81 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware of Coachhire.com Terms & Conditions.You will be stung

>>>Sadly, this is the second bad experience I have had with this company.<<<

Hmm, reminds me of that old saying . . .

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware of Coachhire.com Terms & Conditions.You will be stung

<<Sadly, this is the second bad experience I have had with this company. >>

yeh but I bet they were cheap, eh ?

<<I warn everyone even though the cost may be cheap...>>

Ahah !!

As Tex Scott hinted, "Fool me once .......

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware of Coachhire.com Terms & Conditions.You will be stung

BUSK (Belt Up School Kids) a safety campaigning company/charity (I am not sure what they are), are holding a meeting later this month to try and get a code of practise amongst booking companies to try and avoid this scenario.

How far they will get with it I don't know. Link www.busk-uk.co.uk/index.php…

Until then book directly with a coach company, at least you will be dealing directly with your hiree. not somebody on the end of a phone who is independent, and who will give you a realistic price

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,141 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware of Coachhire.com Terms & Conditions.You will be stung

Or take the train...???

It isn't a long journey to Windsor.

New York City, New...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware of Coachhire.com Terms & Conditions.You will be stung

So let me get this right, there was a problem with your coach, and they apologized and gave you all your money back, but you want them to give you more money! As joeintheuk said "you booked a cheap service"

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,365 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware of Coachhire.com Terms & Conditions.You will be stung

I just can't understand why you tried to use them again if you had already had a previous bad experience.

Grimsby, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware of Coachhire.com Terms & Conditions.You will be stung

DO NOT USE coachhire.com.

I had a minibus booked this Saturday and they just didn't turn up! I had paid, it came out of my bank and i got the receipt but no one turned up. When i rang up and finally got through to someone after being on hold for ages, they told me a minibus and driver hadnt been assigned to this job, a bit later on she said i hadn't paid - which i had and there was nothing else she could do. The money is now back in my bank account but thats not the point, they didnt tell me they were refunding it and they didnt let me know no one will be turning up. Totally ruined the day. Shouldn't be allowed - many people have obviously had issues.!

Newbury, United...
Level Contributor
242 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beware of Coachhire.com Terms & Conditions.You will be stung

Too late for these posters I know, but as a coach driver my general advice is to contact a coach company direct and when you have found one that fits your budget book with them. At least if there is a problem you deal directly with the owners, and not some middleman.

Worth asking at the time you call up whether they are a coach company with their own coaches, or are brokers.

Having heard the rumour mill this Summer some of the prices being quoted by brokers to foreign students groups attending language schools in the UK were so wide of the mark it's a wonder they got anybody at all to provide their transport.

In the case of Rebecca C if she was calling from Grimsby she was dealing a broker located nearly two hundred miles away in Slough to provide her transport.

9. Re: Beware of Coachhire.com Terms & Conditions.You will be stung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 September 2013, 22:05

10. Re: Beware of Coachhire.com Terms & Conditions.You will be stung

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 September 2013, 22:05

Reply to: Beware of Coachhire.com Terms & Conditions.You will be stung
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted