We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport with luggage and children

Lancaster, UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Transport with luggage and children

Hello

I arrive in Euston, lunchtime, with 70yr old mum, & 2 children 3&5 (also with luggage and a pram!) don't fancy tube with all that! What's best way for me to get to prem inn old st? Taxi? How much should this cost? Can I agree a price before I go or is it metered?

Also, on Saturday we are going to the lollibop festival at Victoria park Stratford .. Is this best by tube?is that do able with a pushchair? Or would we be better with bus/taxi?

Any advice gratefully received

Many thanks

Lancaster, UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transport with luggage and children

Oh it is great to hear that the children will travel for free. And yes, I do have a family and friends railcard and my mum has a senior railcard.

We arrive in London on Friday 16th aug, 12ish. And travel from old stree prem inn to lollibop on Saturday 17th (am) returning sometime pm

You have been so helpful and informative!

Many thanks!

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,802 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transport with luggage and children

I was just about to say the same thing - get the taxi on the first day then think about public transport when you don't have the cases!

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,904 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transport with luggage and children

Thank you.

With your railcard, buy a one day Travelcard for Miss / Master Five Years Old for just £2. You may be able to buy the card at Old Street or Euston the day before you travel but if not you'll have to buy it at Liverpool Street on Saturday morning.

Next weekend is the V Festival near Chelmsford, so Liverpool Street station might be a bit busier than usual on a Saturday morning. Allow plenty of time for the journeys and enjoy your weekend in the capital.

England
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Transport with luggage and children

Hi there - not sure if this is too late for you, just wanted to say we went by tube to the Lollibop festival today with our 4 year old, it is a fairly long walk from the tube station to the festival at the Olympic Park, about 25 mins. My little girl (and lots of others from what I could see) struggled with the distance, especially going back afterwards after walking round the festival all day, I ended up carrying her for quite a lot of the walk back. Have fun at Lollibop! xxxx

15. Re: Transport with luggage and children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 05:16