We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wimbledon tours in October?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Topic
Wimbledon tours in October?

My husband and I are going to be in London in October and was wondering if there are tours of Wimbledon? We are huge sports fans and watch Wimbledon every year and thought it would be neat to see the place since it always looks so neat on TV. I looked on their website and it didn't look like there are tours in October. Can anyone confirm if there are tours in October and if so how I can get more info. Thanks.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,727 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wimbledon tours in October?

Which website did you look at? I find it hard to believe they would pass up the chance of easy money....

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wimbledon tours in October?

I don't know where you were looking but they are definitely on the official website. See wimbledon.com/en_GB/museum_and_tours/2012050…

As a side note, if you plan taking up the 2for1 Travelcards offers, it's part of that scheme. If not, you can still get 20% off vouchers from here: smartsave.com/uk/wimbledon-lawn-tennis-museum

Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wimbledon tours in October?

Thank you for your responses. I thought I was looking at the official but I must have been reading something wrong :(. I appreciate your help.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wimbledon tours in October?

iloveh20, when I search on the internet, I find using the word 'official' in the search terms very useful. Particularly when looking for the official site for theatre ticket purchases.

Enjoy the museum. It's been on my list for years but I still haven't made it out there. Here's a map I found earlier this year for an easy walking tour around Wimbledon. See http://thewimbledonway.org/the-way-map

Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wimbledon tours in October?

Mez300, As it turns out I was not looking on the official site yesterday, so, thank you for the correct link. I found the info and we'll definitely book a tour + museum (we've got the London Pass so will use that). One more question -- how long is the tour?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Wimbledon tours in October?

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page I linked, it says the grounds tour is 90 min. I suppose you'll just need to add to that the amount of time you plan to spend in the museum and shop.

Level Contributor
116 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wimbledon tours in October?

How long does it take to travel from London (St.James Park area) to Wimbledon? I haven't been to London before so I am not familiar with how long it takes to get around via the tube. Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Wimbledon tours in October?

The journey planner on http://www.tfl.gov.uk/ will help you with your transport questions.

9. Re: Wimbledon tours in October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 06:20