We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to pack?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
what to pack?

My mum and I will be travelling to Manchester and London on the 23rd Aug - 3 Sept.. we will spend the first 4 days in Manchester and the remaining in London.

I am wondering what sort of clothes/essentials do I need to pack for my trip?

Will a cardigan/light jacket be sufficient for the weather in Manchester/London as the weather seems to be quite cool (around 20 degrees).. Does it also rain often in Manchester/London ?

Any advice is appreciated.

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,837 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to pack?

It may rain the entire time, or yuo may have sunshine the whole time, or a mix of both. We really can't say. Check the weather forecasts a few days before for a reasonable indication.

The temperature is liekly to be somewhere between 20-25 degrees C I'd say.

TX
Level Contributor
5,732 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to pack?

Definitely pack a lightweight umbrella, because as Martin C indicates, you never know!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to pack?

This is hard because we've just been reading trip reports where people found it too hot this last couple of weeks. The best advice is to pack light clothes that can be layered and definitely bring a light jacket and a foldable umbrella, check out the weather report just before you leave to get a better idea and if you do need something warmer you can always buy something when you're there.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to pack?

Pack the most comfortable shoes you own that you can walk in for hours, your feet will thank you.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
1,723 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: what to pack?

pack LIGHT!

lay out on the bed what you think you'll need, then reduce by at least half.

bring two pair of your most comfortable shoes, that's all you'll need. If you find you'll need more, buy them. Shoe Zone is a cool cheap place to buy shoes, Office is more expensive but has good sales.

http://www.shoezone.com/

http://www.office.co.uk/

I've bought numerous pairs of shoes at both shops, love them and have had many compliments on them.

don't bother lugging an umbrella from home, Tesco, Sainsbury, Boots, etc. sell them for around ₤10 or less. Buy one if needed. I still have two I've bought over the years, still use them. Also they make useful and practical souvenirs!

enjoy your trip!

London, United...
Level Contributor
173 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to pack?

"don't bother lugging an umbrella from home, Tesco, Sainsbury, Boots, etc. sell them for around ₤10 or less. "

If you get it from Tesco you can get a very Scottish (and if you add red, British) blue and white stripe umberella - sorry, couldn't resist! (a British joke, about the Tesco cheap range which has a logo of blue and white stripes)

Plan for at least one day of rain in a ten day period, if you have 10 glorious days you'll be very lucky.

7. Re: what to pack?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2014, 06:19