We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from heathrow Terminal 3 to 5

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
113 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from heathrow Terminal 3 to 5

We have about 3 hours to connect for terminal 3 to 5 and have to pick up luggage so we can't use the connecting flight system. Seems like it will be tight and Im concerned about the wait for public transport. Will a prebooked taxi be a better option time wise?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from heathrow Terminal 3 to 5

Trolleys are plentiful at Heathrow and are free of charge. If you can roll your bags from T3 Arrivals to Heathrow Central for the free HEX shuttle train, you'll find more trolleys at the T5 HEX station. The walk from that station to the lifts up to Departures is just a few metres.

If you'd rather not do take, take a black cab from T3 to T5.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,200 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from heathrow Terminal 3 to 5

Flight details please. Which airlines, arrival time and departure time?

Depending on the above information, you >may< be lucky, even on separate tickets, which as a rule is a bad idea. Hence your nervousness?

Level Contributor
113 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from heathrow Terminal 3 to 5

Virgin arrives 11:30 am. Ba leaves 3:20 pm

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,422 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from heathrow Terminal 3 to 5

You are unlikely to be checked through assuming you are on separate tickets. That piece of information is crucial for our advice. It would also help to know where your incoming flight is coming from and where BA are taking you.

Level Contributor
113 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from heathrow Terminal 3 to 5

Yep, separate tickets. Virgin from lax, british to milan

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,422 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi from heathrow Terminal 3 to 5

As your BA flight is short haul then you have more chance of making the connection as long as your Virgin flight isn't delayed. If it's on time then you should be checking in at T5 around 1.00 but I would still be tempted to book a later departure if possible.

Level Contributor
113 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi from heathrow Terminal 3 to 5

Thanks to all. Took us about an hour from deplaning at 3 to getting through security at 5!

Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi from heathrow Terminal 3 to 5

Hi. How did you finally do it? I need to do the same in a few weeks but my flight timings are different. Which route did you take - cab or shuttle? Thanks for your advice.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,422 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi from heathrow Terminal 3 to 5

As the OP hasn't posted anywhere on TA since reporting back, I suspect you will not get a response. However if you would like to start a fresh thread giving us as much information (day of the week, time, number of people, one ticket or two) as possible then I am sure we will be able to help.

Level Contributor
4 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi from heathrow Terminal 3 to 5

Thanks. I shall give it a go.