We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London laundry

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
102 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
London laundry

We are staying at Charing Cross, and of course hotel laundry is expensive. Any tips for getting it done on a budget? There do not seem to be any laundrettes around. Hopefully some Londoners will have tips, otherwise we will be looking a bit dishevelled until we get to York!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,231 reviews
from US$124.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
436 reviews
from US$103.70*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,066 reviews
from US$147.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
624 reviews
from US$99.50*
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,564 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London laundry

www.marshalllaundry.co.uk is perhaps 10 minutes' walk from Charing Cross; service washes are available.

We've recommended the launderette a number of times here on the forum, ideally with good results for all.

Tasmania, Australia
Level Contributor
187 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London laundry

BarbKs, if you want to do your own laundry, there is a coin operated laundry at 33 Betterton Street, Covent Garden, which is not too far from where you are.

Here's a link which may help allinlondon.co.uk/directory/1261/4832.php. There is a staff member available most of the time for change and assistance, there is also washing powder available for purchase. I have used this laundrette several times without any problem.

3. Re: London laundry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 00:28
London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London laundry

Post #3 is self-promotion, which is not permitted on TripAdvisor.

Hong Kong, China
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: London laundry

I am a traveller too and I am going to stay in King Cross London.

Do there have any coins lanudury sercvice around there?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
102 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London laundry

Hi Hing,

No, sadly I found that laundry services are very lacking. The Dry Cleaners nearby did do a "bag laundry" but at very high prices, and took 3 days for it to come back. We held out until we went to York and had an apartment.

Next time we go to London I think we will get an apartment, I saw one of the Citadenes apartments at Charing Cross just around the corner from where we stayed - that will be where we will go next time.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Barbara

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,564 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London laundry

Hing Man, depending on where you plan to stay near King's Cross, you will find a launderette (called 'Launderette') in Cromer Street (south of Euston Road) near the junction with Tonbridge Street and next to The Boot pub. You may do your own or have a service wash done, for a fee.

Hong Kong, China
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: London laundry

Thank you for your reply. I am appreciated.

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,225 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: London laundry

Is Krystle the same as Hing Man? There's a laundrette on Marchmont St too, depending on where you are staying near King's Cross. We've also used the one TP mentioned on Cromer St and it was fine too. You can buy laundry detergent there and there is a staff person there who will make change if you need coins. (That's true at both places.)

Hong Kong, China
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: London laundry

HI Btgm

I am going to stay in Tune Hotel in King Cross. I think the Cromer st that one is perfect for me. I googled and the distance between it is around 5 mins walk. Normally how long does it take for wash and dry clean? And how much will be around? ( I havent been in UK before, sorry for many question)