We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Hotel near Liverpool St. Station?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
164 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
London Hotel near Liverpool St. Station?

My husband and I arrive on a morning flight to heathrow. Need help which train or tube to get to London. We will stay 1 nite and take the train from Liverpool station the next evening for Amsterdam. we want to see albert and Victoria for sure and do a river cruise for sight seeing. We want to be able to leave or luggage at the chosen hotel before we check in and after we check out..returning to get it before we have to be at the Liverpool st. station.

any suggestioins? we want something nice but not too expensive. we just will have carry ons but didn t want to lug around all day.. help

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,627 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Hotel near Liverpool St. Station?

Check out the Hyatt Andaz. It's adjacent to the station and the restaurant is nice. (Can't comment on the rooms, but I'm sure they're good too.)

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,376 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Hotel near Liverpool St. Station?

I assume you mean Liverpool Street rather than Liverpool which is a large city 200 miles north of London. Its best not to truncate street names as it can cause confusion

I also assume you mean you are taking the boat train to Amsterdam from Liverpool Street. A train will take you to Harwich in over one hour, then you have a 7 or 8 hour ferry crossing oveer the North Sea to Hoek van Holland, then another hour on a train to Amsterdam.

A better alternative might be to take the Eurostar train from St Pancras station to Brussels then change on to the Thalys train straight to Amsterdam Centraal station in just over 4 hours, door to door.

What is your budget in GBP£££ per night for the hotel?

Edited: 08 August 2013, 13:29
London, United...
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: London Hotel near Liverpool St. Station?

Try the Travelodge London Liverpool Street ...You will like it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,627 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Hotel near Liverpool St. Station?

Travelodge will not store your luggage after you check out. If your train to the ferry port is not until the evening, this is likely to be an important consideration for you as you have said that you don't want to carry your luggage around all day.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
164 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Hotel near Liverpool St. Station?

thank you all yes..we need aplace to store the bags after we check out..as we plan to sight see as much as we can til the train. we bought the tickets mainly for the thrill (hmm) of overnite sleeping and arrival in Amsterdam in morning. we are staying in Amsterdam for 5 nites then flying back to Gatwick.

Our budget for the nite in London would be ideal at less than 250.00 dollars. I can try priceline (no experience!) or contact the hotel direct once I know what you suggest. as long as we are close to a tube that will take us to the train. Maybe we can get a senior rate. !

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,196 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Hotel near Liverpool St. Station?

No TLs will store bags; the Andaz will very likely have a rate higher than your budget, which should be in pounds (use www.xe.com for the conversion) rather than a currency not used in the UK.

Without knowing when you plan to travel, it is impossible to suggest a hotel that might suit, so please let us know when you will stay in London. Since you will have carryon bags only, if you would like to book a Travelodge at a good rate, consider storing your bags at Liverpool Street station's left luggage room. The cost will be £8 per piece, but if you can book a TL for £50 - 75 for the night the extra cost should be bearable.

Let us know when you plan to stay, please.

7. Re: London Hotel near Liverpool St. Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 05:17