We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Harrods to Princess Diana Water Feature

New Zealand
Level Contributor
326 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
From Harrods to Princess Diana Water Feature

I'm looking at visiting Harrods, followed by the Princess Diana Water Feature, the Orangery and finally Kensington Palace. What would be the best way to go between these places, after leaving Harrods? On Google Earth, it looks walkable but as time will be short, are there particular buses I could take?

Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Harrods to Princess Diana Water Feature

I think the quickest way would be to walk as there is real direct bus route. Walk from Harrods to the Memoirial via Lancelot Place/Trevor Place (about 1 mile). Then cross Kensington gardens to the Palace/ Orangery You could try hiring a "Boris Bike" to speed things up.

Near the memorial is the Serpentine Gallery which is also worth a visit.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Harrods to Princess Diana Water Feature

Sorry the first line should read "there is NO real direct bus route."

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Harrods to Princess Diana Water Feature

A good web site for planning walks around London is www.walkit.com

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
5,456 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Harrods to Princess Diana Water Feature

Do you plan to go inside Kensington Palace for the tour or simply walk by? If you do the tour, then I would suggest going to Harrods another day as both places will put you into sensory overload.

Here are some ideas:

Visit Harrods, then cut over to Royal Albert Hall and across street to Albert Memorial, walk right to the Serpentine Gallery, then cross the street to Diana fountain, possibly followed by coffee or meal at the Lido Cafe. (Highly recommend seeing the Pavilion Project outside the Serpentine - it ends in October.)

If you do Kensington Palace tour, start at Lancaster Gate tube station, cross street to Italian Fountains, walk right in the direction of the Palace, take tour, gift shop, break at the Orangery if not too crazy busy.

*Buy an A-Z map book if you don't already have one - very handy!

New Zealand
Level Contributor
326 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Harrods to Princess Diana Water Feature

Thanks, your helpful replies are really appreciated. I did intend visiting Kensington Palace and Harrods on the same day, due to time pressure, but will reconsider. I have a 1970's edition of the A-Z, well used but still valid!

6. Re: From Harrods to Princess Diana Water Feature

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2014, 05:18