We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Made it to London. Where to get bus map

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Made it to London. Where to get bus map

I want to thank you all for the help you gave me pre-trip. We all made it here last Wednesday including daughter in Peace Corps coming from Africa without difficulty. Flat we have through APLH is super and close to two tube stations.

Do have a question.. I need to find a paper map of bus routes. Though I'm using my mobile phone (after getting SIM card at carphone warehouse, a tripadvisor tip) the screens too small to see the map. I know there is a map available because I used one last year. Haven't seen any at the tube stations or at train station. Any ideas where I can go to get one?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,254 reviews
from US$127.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
456 reviews
from US$106.00*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,085 reviews
from US$150.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.90*
US$336.60
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,860 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Made it to London. Where to get bus map

Try the Travel Information Centres. There is one on the ticket hall level at Piccadilly Circus station, another on the rail station concourse at Victoria, one near the Tube ticket office (across from platforms 6 and 7) at Liverpool Street station and another near the Euston Road entrance (next to Boots) to St Pancras station.

There is a small kiosk at the Victoria bus station in Terminus Place and another at the bus station at Euston. Both are staffed (Victoria seems to have more staff on hand than Euston) and they have, in the past (earlier this year was when I last checked), had Central London Bus Maps available.

Edited: 11 August 2013, 07:45
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
243 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Made it to London. Where to get bus map

I got one earlier in the year at the Travel Info in Charing Cross (Rail) Station, if you're near.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Made it to London. Where to get bus map

I was actually able to get one at the Hyde Park tube station. Thanks or your replies.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,506 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Made it to London. Where to get bus map

Glad you got the map, we always used to use the tube then we discovered what a good transport option the buses are in London and use them more than the tube now.

Cheshire, England
Level Contributor
274 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Made it to London. Where to get bus map

For anyone else reading the thread you can easily download/print bus maps from the TFL website - here is the Central London map tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/cent…

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
117 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Made it to London. Where to get bus map

Wish I had done this before leaving home.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
31,611 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Made it to London. Where to get bus map

The TFL Visitor Guide (PDF linked below) has a useful schematic of the main bus routes covering central London on page 6. Not detailed but a useful overview. You should be able to pick up a hardcopy at major tube stations and definitely at the Travel Information Centres (I know of Victoria, Euston and the St. Pancras ticket hall at KX/STP tube station).

tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/visitor-guide.pdf

Edited: 13 August 2013, 07:58
8. Re: Made it to London. Where to get bus map

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2014, 07:19