We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to buy for a Ramsay fan

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What to buy for a Ramsay fan

Hi,

Will be heading to London for two days in Nov and would like to buy a friend a gift.

This friend is an ardent fan of Gordon Ramsay but I am not too clear as to what is available in London that I can bring back for her.

Was hoping TA members who had been around the UK can help provide some suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,188 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to buy for a Ramsay fan

The only thing I can think of is a cook book. I can't say I have ever seen any other 'merchandise'.

Level Contributor
3,391 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to buy for a Ramsay fan

You could just swear at them. Authentic Ramsay language.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,188 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to buy for a Ramsay fan

Or copy the press cuttings about alleged unpaid tax.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to buy for a Ramsay fan

Thanks for your suggestions!

Had a good chuckle at the "swearing" suggestion...now why didn't I think about that? =)

Will perhaps look at cookbooks then.

Cheers!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What to buy for a Ramsay fan

Why not contact one of the restaurants and ask if they sell signed copies of his cookbooks. At least that would be something a bit different from picking up a book in a store.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to buy for a Ramsay fan

I also think a cook book would be a good idea.

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
980 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to buy for a Ramsay fan

A signed cookbook would surely appeal to a fan, but Gordon Ramsay has also designed (or at least authorized) crockery for Royal Doulton (www.liveroyaldoulton.com/gordon-ramsay/) and cookware (saucepans etc). Not sure whether these are available in Singapore or how difficult they would be to take back. But Royal Doulton is quintessentially English.

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What to buy for a Ramsay fan

My wife and I are both Ramsay fans, and we had lunch at Savoy Grill in London and Gordon Ramsay Steak in Vegas. In Vegas we got a "souvineer" menu with autographed picture, which I'm sure was due to it being a fairly brand new restaurant. At Savoy Grill the menus were paper and likely change daily or weekly, so you could probably ring the restaurant, or any of his others, to get a "genuine" Ramsay menu.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,558 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What to buy for a Ramsay fan

Swear Box

London
Level Contributor
2,535 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What to buy for a Ramsay fan

Intrepid, Royal Doulton may be 'quintessentially English' but it seems that the last UK factory shut in 2004 and the products are all made in Asia now.

…bbc.co.uk/1/…3571447.stm