We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Stratford to Euston Road?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
From Stratford to Euston Road?

Hi, would I be able to get a bus from Stratford bus station to Euston Road (University College London Hospital) If so, approx. how much it would be with an Oyster card please? Thanks.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,724 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: From Stratford to Euston Road?

There is no direct bus. You could get a bus from Stratford to Bow Church (25 or 425) and then a 205 from Bow Church to University College Hospital. This would cost £1.40 per journey on Oyster, but if you were returning the same day the total amount deducted would be capped at £4.00

However to go all the way by bus would be a very long journey. It would be much quicker to take the train or tube from Stratford to Liverpool Street, and then the tube from Liverpool Street to Euston Square. This would take you very close to the hospital.

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Stratford to Euston Road?

And (off peak) it's cheaper by tube - £2.70 single

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Stratford to Euston Road?

The TfL journey planner is your friend for researching bus journeys www.tfl.gov.uk and lets you put in the date and time of travel too.

My primitive playing with it, suggests that there is no direct bus route and you can expect the journey to take over an hour. It would be quicker to use the underground

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Stratford to Euston Road?

That's so helpful, thanks to you all for your time. I think the tube's the best option then, much appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Stratford to Euston Road?

PaulDuncan mentioned train or tube, and I'd agree with that. Greater Anglia trains from Stratford to Liverpool Street station take just eight minutes; you may change to the Circle, Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan line at Liverpool Street (all three share the same platform) to Euston Square or take the 205 from Bishopsgate: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/live…

Stop Z is just across the road from an entrance to UCL Hospital: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/eust…

There are about 45 steps up in total from train platform to street level at Euston Square station. If you would like to take the Tube but stairs are a non starter for you, alight at King's Cross and take the 205 from there. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/king…

Edited: 13 August 2013, 21:40
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Stratford to Euston Road?

The advantage of taking the tube all the way from Stratford is that it will cost the same to go all the way from Stratford to Euston Square as the tube/train journey from Stratford to Liverpool Street. If you get off at Liverpool Street and take a bus, there will be an additional charge for that.

Note that there are also steps at Liverpool Street to transfer from the train or Central line tube to the platform with the three lines going to Euston Square. On the reverse journey, there are no stairs (or any stairs can be substituted for a lift). But it doesn't sound like stairs are the issue for the OP, more time and cost. On that basis, I would take the Central line to Liverpool Street and change to a H&C/Metropolitan/Circile line tube to Euston Square.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,469 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Stratford to Euston Road?

I'd take the Central Line from Stratford to Mile End, cross platform change to the Hammersmith and City line to Euston Square.

However, the advantage of Stratford is that the mainline and underground arrive at adjacent platforms, so you can catch which comes in first or doesn't look too packed.

8. Re: From Stratford to Euston Road?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 07:18