We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheapest fastest way from airport to liverpool st station

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
55 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
cheapest fastest way from airport to liverpool st station

So as of right now I know I will take terminal 5 via heathrow connect to London paddington station. I just need to know how to get to liverpool street station from london paddington station without using a bus and cheaply. Thanks. Please let me know how much it would be too.

London
Level Contributor
1,114 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheapest fastest way from airport to liverpool st station

There is a direct underground train that links Paddington and Liverpool Street. You take either the circle, or Hammersmith & City line. It takes about 25 minutes.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,034 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheapest fastest way from airport to liverpool st station

You can avoid the Heathrow Express, Paddington is not the way to go.

Follow the signs for the Underground, take the Piccadilly Line to Holborn and change on to the eastbound Central (Red) Line to Liverpool Street

Around £5 one way, less with an Oyster Card and takes about one hour

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,381 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: cheapest fastest way from airport to liverpool st station

If you are looking for the cheapest way from Heathrow to Liverpool Street it's tube all the way - £5.50 cash fare. It won't be significantly slower than the Heathrow Express

London, England
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
9,640 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheapest fastest way from airport to liverpool st station

When I had to do an emergency run from Heathrow to near Liverpool Street Station and back this Spring (my daughter forgot her passport at my flat) I thought the Heathrow Express would be the fastest way to get to the City.

I was wrong. It was the most expensive way, but no faster than the Piccadilly line that we had taken to the airport in the first trip.

The Heathrow Express (or the Connect which doesn't run as often) is only faster if you need to get to Paddington for a train to places west of London (Bath, Bristol, Oxford) or you are foolish enough to be staying in Paddington for your London holiday.

Level Contributor
3,386 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheapest fastest way from airport to liverpool st station

I wouldnt use the Heathrow Connect, unless you get lucky and a train is about to depart it will take a lot longer than using the tube the whole way. Piccadilly to Holborn and the Central line.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheapest fastest way from airport to liverpool st station

Why are all posters except the last mentioning the HEX when the OP said they are taking the Connect?

I agree with GEJP, the Connect is a poor idea because its only every 30 minutes and since the OP wants cheap they should just tube the whole way, cheaper and probably as quick, might even be quicker.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
234 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheapest fastest way from airport to liverpool st station

Another vote for Tube all the way here, Heathrow - Holborn the change to Central Line to Liverpool St.

About an hour on a good day.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,599 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheapest fastest way from airport to liverpool st station

'So as of right now I know I will take terminal 5 via heathrow connect to London paddington station.' You may do so if you want to add about an hour to the journey.

Connect does not run to and from T5, so if you were to make this out of the way and unnecessary journey you would take the free HEX shuttle to Heathrow Central, alight and wait for Connect (as above, twice an hour) to Paddington, which is on the wrong side of London for Liverpool Street station.

Since you're booked at the Apex London Wall Hotel, you could avoid the change at busy Holborn station by taking the Piccadilly line to King's Cross. Change there to an eastbound Circle, Hammersmith & City or Metropolitan line train to Liverpool Street, where ther are just a couple of steps up from train platform to ticket hall then a lift (look to the far right after passing through the barriers) up to the mezzanine level of the station.

When you leave the rail station you'll see the bus station on the right. Walk along Old Broad Street to London Wall (there is a traffic signal), cross the road and turn right, then left at Copthall Avenue.

9. Re: cheapest fastest way from airport to liverpool st station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2014, 06:21