We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

definition of a Premier Inn twin

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
196 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
definition of a Premier Inn twin

When I do the research , it appears that a Premier Inn room consists of a double bed and a type of a lounger/sleeping sofa.

Can anyone comment on their experience ...have you ever stayed in a room there that truly had 2 twin beds?

thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,828 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: definition of a Premier Inn twin

In England a double bed is a bed for two people, a twin room is a room with two single beds in it.

It is uncommon to find the North American style double double. It does exist but is far from standard.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: definition of a Premier Inn twin

Look at the TripAdvisor traveler photos on the central London Premier Inns, I have never seen one with two single beds.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: definition of a Premier Inn twin

The one time I stayed in a twin room at a PI it did indeed have a double (or Queen) size bed plus a single bed that doubled as a sofa.

The person that slept on the single said it was more than fine - just like a normal single bed.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: definition of a Premier Inn twin

Interesting, look at the last photo here booking.com/hotel/gb/premier-inn-london-blac… It appears they have separated the bed to form two singles (note: how the single on the right is moved past the headboard and under the bed side light).

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: definition of a Premier Inn twin

Your research confirms my experience of Premier Inn - double bed + bed settee is standard

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
219 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: definition of a Premier Inn twin

I've booked a twin room in a couple of different PIs and they have always been a double bed and a sofa bed, as stated in the other posts above.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: definition of a Premier Inn twin

The photo I referenced in Post #4 is a stock photo (it shows up on several other Premier Inns on booking.com). In fact, booking.com uses many of the same photos for most of the Premier Inns.

I looked at the TA traveler photos for PI County Hall and it has rooms with two double beds.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 14:03
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: definition of a Premier Inn twin

My sister, niece and I stayed in a triple room which consisted of the double bed separated into two single beds plus a cot.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: definition of a Premier Inn twin

The 'twin' rooms we have stayed at PI's in were double rooms where the 6 foot bed is split into two 3 foot beds. The rooms also had a single easy chair to sit in. Family rooms are a double with a sofa bed.

Hove, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,886 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: definition of a Premier Inn twin

We recently stayed at the PI Old Street in a family room that consisted of a double bed, a single sofa bed and a single pull out bed. All beds were apparently very comfortable. The family rooms cost the same as a double room (not sure if this is always the case though).