We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

18 Year old travelling to London/UK

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Surfers Paradise...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
18 Year old travelling to London/UK

In January/February 2014 I will be travelling to the UK alone for 28 nights.

Does london have a good clubbing nightlife?

Are there any other areas I should visit? I am very adventurous and would travel just about anywhere in the UK.

Will there be heaps of snow? and where can i snowboard the best? I adore the cold!

Flights will cost me $1400 AUD from Australia

Hostels would cost me $1400 AUD ($50 per night)

Food would cost me $980 AUD ($35 per day, mainly looking at pub meals, just the basic)

Does the above seem correct ? And would $7000 be enough to comfortably travel and see most of the sights ?

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,662 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 18 Year old travelling to London/UK

You need to post using prices in £ sterling but your budget seems somewhat low unless you will be in hostels.

You cannot be assured of snow though Aviemore in Sotland has facilities if the weather is right. Hardly worth the inconvenience and expense of bringing a snow board all this way unless you are also planning a visit to a mountainous region of continental Europe

Edited: 22 August 2013, 09:37
London, England...
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 18 Year old travelling to London/UK

Assume you're looking to stay in a hostel? As you're peeing in the wind with your 'hotel budget' otherwise.

There may be snow, there may be not. Totally unpredictable, but if you want to snowboard you'll have to either go to one of the fake indoor snow-dome places or fly to the continent for the real thing.

£20 a day is fine if you don't mind doing some home-cooking and/or buying food from supermarkets as opposed to eating out. Note this won't leave you any budget for 'nightlife' where you'll need an AUS budget of $100 a night.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,392 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 18 Year old travelling to London/UK

Your budget is very tight. You might scrape into very basic hotels like easyhotels, otherwise look at hostelworld for hostel (shared dorm) accomm. Alternatively shorten your trip a bit and up your budget/night.

For snowboarding if you're determined to go the French/Austrian/Italian alps are teeming with snowboarders. There's bound to be a site or two with more info; otherwise not the best use of time really.

I would invest in a guide book or some more online research to help you ask more useful questions (e.g. not 'does London have a good clubbing nightlife?'!!). TNT is more aimed at expats but has lots of useful practical info and may have something on cheap hol accom:

http://www.tntmagazine.com/

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,049 posts
664 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 18 Year old travelling to London/UK

Even if there is snow, there is not enough for skiing or snowboard in South England for sure. If you are lucky, you might be able to slide on a hill.

For clubbing, better check out Time Out or some other sites.

www.timeout.com/london

5. Re: 18 Year old travelling to London/UK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 06:19