We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Eve family lunch in London?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
1 post
Save Topic
Christmas Eve family lunch in London?

My family (mom, dad, 2 adult daughters and our boyfriends) will be spending this Christmas in London, staying in a flat near Earl's Court. We've all been to London before, and 3 of us (myself included) have actually lived there in the past. However, none of us have been there over the Christmas holidays.

My parents want to take the family out for a meal on Christmas Eve if that's at all feasible. We're thinking lunch because we suspect it will be easier to book that than dinner, and because that way we are more flexible in terms of where we eat and don't have to worry about tube service stopping after ~7pm.

For the restaurant itself, ideally we're looking for something that will feel cozy and/or homey, preferably with good British food of the warming-and-filling-you-up variety. I've been thinking along the lines of independent local pubs with food service, but this is mostly because that's what I'd like best and not because it's absolutely necessary. Basically I'd love any recommendations for good places to eat in London that will probably be open for Christmas Eve! (with a preference for those that wont take *too* long to get to from Earl's Court) If the food and atmosphere warrant it we'd be happy with somewhere slightly pricier, but will certainly not turn noses down on less expensive options.

I realize this is well in advance of most restaurants knowing what, exactly, their Christmas Eve plans will look like, but my schedule is a lot freer now than it will be in a couple of months, so I'm hoping to make a list that I can then check sometime in November to make final decisions and plans. Thanks for any suggestions!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,723 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Eve family lunch in London?

The Harwood Arms ?

http://www.harwoodarms.com/

As you say you will need to check nearer the time whether places are open and/or serving meals. If they are serving dinner that might be more relaxed - the transport system doesn't close that early or you could hop in a cab if it's not far.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Eve family lunch in London?

The Pembroke Arms in Old Brompton street would be a good option but you would have to check nearer the time if they will be serving christmas Lunch or not.

www.thepembrokesw5.co.uk

London
Level Contributor
140 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Eve family lunch in London?

I did Christmas day lunch at sarova-rembrandthotel.com/christmas/… in SW7 and seriously could not fault it, food was excellent and the staff were great with old and young alike

They do a festive lunch with a glass of bubbly on arrival, festive menu available at the bottom of the link

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,262 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Eve family lunch in London?

I'm with parks on this one. You'll need to book though.

5. Re: Christmas Eve family lunch in London?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 05:19