We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in London for sightseeing 3/4 day break??

Warrington
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in London for sightseeing 3/4 day break??

Help please I am a bit overwhelmed. Me & husband plan on taking my 2 daughters (13 & 11) to London along with my Mum for 3 nights - probably in February school hols. Last time I went to London was 20 years ago so need some advice where to stay.

Not sure whether a self catering type flat would be best or a B&B hotel bearing in mind there are 5 of us.

We plan on doing the normal sightseeing and will arrive by train into Euston so thought possibly somewhere near there but not sure where's best. Not too bothered about being near night life as will probably be exhausted by then, but need to be able to get around easily by train/tube etc.

Any suggestions? Trying to keep it at a budget too so The Ritz is out!! Cheap and cheerful but clean please.

Also any other tips etc would be most helpful. Thanks Jan

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
19,871 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in London for sightseeing 3/4 day break??

What is your budget? That would help.

Would you consider an apartment?

Warrington
Level Contributor
11 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in London for sightseeing 3/4 day break??

Yes I would consider an apartment. Would like to keep it around the £300-400 for the 3 nights. Thanks

Norfolk
Destination Expert
for Norfolk
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in London for sightseeing 3/4 day break??

I think an apartment is better with kids.

Have a look at this recent trip report, where they stayed in an apartment with parking and pool. Not very central but near transport links -

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k664…

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,523 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in London for sightseeing 3/4 day break??

Apartment lets for 3 nights can be difficult since many have a minimum let requirement (often 4-5 nights). That budget for 5 is tight too. This list - via the link for budget hotels and legit apartment lets compiled by TALF regular, TexScott might be of use:

https:/…

5. Re: Where to stay in London for sightseeing 3/4 day break??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2014, 05:17