We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy original Indian movie DVDs?

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
146 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy original Indian movie DVDs?

Does anyone know where I can buy original DVD's of Indian movies? The two I'd like are Ra One and Don 2.

I do not speak Hindi, so am after ones with sub-titles, but find it difficult to get them in Australia.

As I will be visiting London I thought there may be a chance to get them on this trip, but only want to buy original, authorised ones, not copies.

I will be staying near the Liverpool Street Station, so anywhere easily accessible from there would be helpful.

Thank you, Jay2000

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
457 reviews
from US$105.50*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.70*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.60*
US$335.10
Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy original Indian movie DVDs?

Have you a region free DVD player to play them on??

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,508 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy original Indian movie DVDs?

I don't know if they're still there but Virdee Brothers in Southall is an Indian music/film shop. Otherwise there are other music shops and street stalls in Southall both on The Broadway and The Green. The stalls may not stock genuine items but the shops hopefully will.

London
Level Contributor
140 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy original Indian movie DVDs?

You could try Brick Lane first off though that is Bangladeshi but it will be on your doorstep.

But you should definitely find movies in Southall as it's the main Indian community http://www.visitsouthall.co.uk/ . I have seen DVD's for sale there but not paid them any attention

Not forgetting some great eats on the high street. Never bought dvd's there so not guaranteeing that they won't be copies

Edited: 24 August 2013, 21:53
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,460 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy original Indian movie DVDs?

Southall is a bit far from where you're staying but if you do make a journey of it then stay to browse the shops and eat too. No spend a fortune on food as you can n get a nice filling chaat for only s couple of pounds. I'm lucky to live close and love buying fabric there.

You'll be spoilt for choice with dvds, both legit and copies (the latter being of the 3 or 4 for ten pounds in just a sleeve and plastic film rather than a proper cases so pretty easy to spot.)

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy original Indian movie DVDs?

Play.com is a good online site for DVD purchase.

They have at least one that you mention with English sub-titles and a Blu-ray version.

The UK is DVD region 2, so you need to check this out.

http://www.play.com/Search.html?searchstring=ra+one&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts

www.play.com/DVD/DVD/0-/Search.html…

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,488 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy original Indian movie DVDs?

What about Amazon?

I know that people in London buy things from Amazon Germany that are not available on Amazon UK and they are just delivered as normal, so can't you do the same in Australia?

7. Re: Where to buy original Indian movie DVDs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 05:18