We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton court palace

somerset12
Level Contributor
15 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Hampton court palace

I have booked a coach day trip to visit Hampton court palace . Can i take my own packed lunch to eat there ?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,954 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hampton court palace

I don't see why not.

There are acres and acres of grounds, and two adjacent parks, and people do have picnics. But you can always check on their website.

You can google it.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,231 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hampton court palace

You can eat in the gardens - there are some benches - but not in the buildings themselves

---------------------------------------------------------------

Food and drink

Can we have a picnic at the palace?

Yes. You can picnic in the gardens at Hampton Court Palace. Bring along your own picnic, or pick up a wide range of take away sandwiches and food from our cafes. Please note food and drink are not permitted within the confines of the buildings. The Schools Lunchrooms in the Barrack Block (at the eastern end of the building) and off Base Court are available at weekends and during school holidays as covered picnic spaces.

---------------------------------------------------------------

www.hrp.org.uk/HamptonCourtPalace/FAQs#13

Leeds.West Yorks.
Level Contributor
600 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hampton court palace

No problem, it will save you some cash, I remember paying a lot for afternoon tea there. The only fly in the ointment could be the weather, if it rains you could struggle to find somewhere to sit. Otherwise, enjoy your day, it's a lovely place and such a lot to see.

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hampton court palace

Even if there was a ban on picnics in Hampton Court Palace grounds (which there isn't) it is very pleasant to exit via the gate on the river side (just before the main building), turn left and walk along the towpath for a few hundred yards, where there are seats (and grass to sit on for the young and flexible) The towpath would not be subject to any Hampton Court Palace restrictions

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,231 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hampton court palace

>>f it rains you could struggle to find somewhere to sit. <<

If it rains, just sit under a tree. :D

6. Re: Hampton court palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 06:19