We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

21st birthday

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
21st birthday

I'm looking to organise a weekend away for my 21st birthday in february with four other girls and wondering where would be best to go for night life? We'll be travelling down from Newcastle on the friday night, sightseeing on the saturday and then going out on saturday night. Needing advice on which area to stay in and which bars or clubs to go to please

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 21st birthday

If yuou are staying in England, then the obvious would be London. Book up a cheap hostel or hotel (plenty in Camden Town, Kings Cross, Baker Street, Russell Square, Paddington, Bayswater etc), and go for the clubs in the West End, or Ministry of Sound near Elephant and Castle. Bars you can go to Camden Town which has good nightlife, cheaper booze than the West End.

Hope that helps a little.,

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 21st birthday

Absolut Ice Bar on Heddon Street (just off Regent St in the West End) could be a fun treat if you're looking for something different/special for a birthday. Could then combine that with Living Rooms (classy bar restaurant) and then Strawberry Moons (cheesey fun nightclub) which are both on Heddon St also.

That said, Hoxton/Shoreditch is the best night-out in London IMO.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 21st birthday

You'll find Londoners in shorditch, Hoxton and Dalston. For something more touristy and cheesy, try the west end, David E's suggestion was a good one, you may want to try movida across the road from heddon street in argyle street for a late boogie.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 21st birthday

Are there any particular bars or clubs in hoxton/shoreditch i should look out for or try and book a table at? Looking to stay away from touristy areas and hen/stag dos etc. Haha we tend to go to cocktail bars mainly and would like a club that plays house or rnb music later on if possible?

Thanks for all of your help so far

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
39 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 21st birthday

Ps. I've been looking at a 2 bed apartment for the 5 of us to stay in whilst in London on airbnb, its in shoreditch, says its close to boxpark and brick lane. £140 per night, is this a good price or should i be looking elsewhere. Would like to have all 5 together if poss, or 2 hotel rooms, what do you guys think of location and price?

Thanks in advance

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,997 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 21st birthday

Sounds like your after a west end club, some are very expensive (if your boyfriends not a drug dealer) but you could look at clubs like movida, aurora, china white and whiskey mist.

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 21st birthday

Actually I don't think you're after the West End at all. Over priced n you'll run into many similar groups plus tourists.

Stick to Shoreditch/Hoxton. Check out Hoxton Square Bar & Kitchen, Bluu, Zigfrieds, Mcqueen, Light Bar, Cargo, Callooh Callay, off the top of my head.

8. Re: 21st birthday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2014, 06:21