We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap car service from London Soho to Stansted Airport?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
20 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap car service from London Soho to Stansted Airport?

Hi all,

i found a really cheap flight out of London to Shannon airport from Stansted Airport which i've never been through. I'll be staying in Soho area and wondering if there is a cheaper car service to airport than just regular taxi. Around how much would i expect to pay?

I know i can take train but i'm willing to pay for convenience since i have to leave so early in morning!

thanks much!

k

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,048 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap car service from London Soho to Stansted Airport?

At what time does your flight depart from Stansted? Rather than a car, consider the Stansted Express from LIverpool Street or Terravision coach from Victoria or Liverpool Street. Coaches run throughout the night and StanEX services start very early as well; taxi from W1 to Liverpool Street plus StanEX will be cheaper than a car from the city centre to the airport.

Have you made a complete booking with, presumably, Ryanair to ensure you've checked the full price of that 'really cheap flight'? The base fare may be low, but add in some optional (or not) extras and the cost of the journey to the airport and you might find that flying from Heathrow, Gatwick or City may be a better bargain.

Let us know the time of day and day of the week your flight is scheduled to depart STN and we can suggest transport to the airport if you do decide to book that flight.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,191 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap car service from London Soho to Stansted Airport?

Flying Ryanair you need to check in online, to avoid surcharges at the airport check in, and be aware of luggage restrictions.

Have you checked www.aerlingus.com from Heathrow.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,048 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap car service from London Soho to Stansted Airport?

JustAirports charge £46 for the journey from W1 to Stansted. Use PAYG on Oyster for a fare of £3 from central London to LHR T1,3 for a flight with Aer Lingus.

Unless Mr O'Leary's airline has a fare that is very much cheaper, EI may be a much better option all around, especially as there will be no £60 penalty if you fail to have pre-printed a boarding pass before arriving at the airport.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap car service from London Soho to Stansted Airport?

Just grab a cab to the station and hop on a train to Stansted.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,198 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap car service from London Soho to Stansted Airport?

What is the point ofpaying for a cheap flight, then paying 6'x as much to get to an inconvenient airport, by megabucks taxi??

Wierd...

IMNSHO

Edited: 01 September 2013, 01:47
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,378 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap car service from London Soho to Stansted Airport?

Hope you didn't book it.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,064 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap car service from London Soho to Stansted Airport?

Aer Lingus fly from Heathrow to Shannon (at sane times too) which is much cheaper than transferring to STN so check ALL costs (incl taxes, luggage, seat selection if applicable etc.) before deciding

herts
Level Contributor
84 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap car service from London Soho to Stansted Airport?

Please,please,don't fly with ryanair,it WILL end in tears.

9. Re: Cheap car service from London Soho to Stansted Airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 06:38