We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Horse Guards Parade

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
232 reviews
Save Topic
Horse Guards Parade

Does the changing of the Guards at Horse Guards still continue on a daily basis during the winter months - I can't seem to find any info. We are looking at a Saturday in Dec. Thank you

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
London, United...
Level Contributor
99 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Horse Guards Parade

The Guard Changing Ceremony at Horse Guards takes place each weekday at 11:00am and at 10:00am on Sundays throughout the year. Note that in winter they will be wearing great coats over their uniforms. In bad weather the ceremonial part of the guard changing will be curtailed.

At Buckingham Palace, the Guard Mounting Ceremony only takes place every other day except during the summer, (May to July) when it is a daily event.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Horse Guards Parade

Thank you - hopefully we will see the one at Horse Guards - I have read there is one each day at 4pm as well is that correct.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,953 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Horse Guards Parade

The one at 4 pm is when the two mounted sentries along Whitehall leave the boxes and go back into the barracks area. Not as much to see as the morning one, which is much more ceremonial.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Horse Guards Parade

The Dismounting Ceremony at 16:00 is a relatively brief ceremony and I don't know that I would make a special trip just for it. But if you are in the area, then it is worth viewing.

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Horse Guards Parade

Ok thanks again for your help.

6. Re: Horse Guards Parade

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2014, 05:18