We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hampton Court or Windsor Palace

midwest
Level Contributor
176 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hampton Court or Windsor Palace

I have been reading about Mind the Gap Tours and I understand that they do tours of both HC and WP. My husband and I will be in London next September and I am trying to figure out our itinerary (number of days we will spend in London) The tours sound like fun to include biking in the countryside and seeing some of the surrounding area. I think we will only do one of the castles so my question is which would you recommend taking into account the surrounding areas as well as the castles themselves?

Thanks very much!

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,153 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Hampton Court or Windsor Palace

No, the Great Walk is in Windsor Great Park, on the opposite side of the Castle.

Please do not ride across the pedestrian bridge, Walk your bike across it.

I would ride back along the river--you will see the Castle as you approach Windsor.

unknown
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Hampton Court or Windsor Palace

Sry, not quite clear about riding back along the river for a view of Castle? Wouldn't I have the same view when I start out? Or you mean riding back you face it but riding out I am back against it? But it is the same bike path right?

So its not good idea to ride back using jubilee river then?

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,153 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Hampton Court or Windsor Palace

Unless you have eyes in the back of your head, you won't be able to see what you are pedaling away from, and that is Windsor. (and Eton)

Coming back along the river Thames, it is a beautiful view; on the way out, you enjoy the country and the river, on the way back, you enjoy the approaching view of Windsor. If you go along the Jubilee River, you will won't experience quite the same thing.

You seemed very keen to go on a very straightforward path; that is what I hope I provided.

I strongly encourage you to take a look at google maps; you can plainly see the path I have indicated, and this should answer all your questions.

unknown
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Hampton Court or Windsor Palace

You have been incredibly helpful, Laura. Thanks.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,153 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Hampton Court or Windsor Palace

Martin, I hope you have a wonderful day in Windsor.

unknown
Level Contributor
175 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Hampton Court or Windsor Palace

Thanks, Laura. I'm sure I will.

27. Re: Hampton Court or Windsor Palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2014, 06:21