We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Stansted Airport to Broadstairs

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Markdorf...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling from Stansted Airport to Broadstairs

Hello everyone!

I'm travelling from Stansted Airport to Broadstairs kent in a few days. But I can't find the best and cheapest way to go there. Shall I buy the tickets in advance? Is there any possibility I can go to Broadstairs by bus? Can I travel from the Airport or is it mandatory for me to go to another station, like Victoria London?

Thanks a lot for your help. :)

Kent, England
Level Contributor
2,980 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling from Stansted Airport to Broadstairs

Yes, you can get to Broadstairs by bus.

But not direct from Stansted airport!

NationalExpress coaches run a frequent and regular service from Stansted airport to London Victoria coach station. You can buy tickets in the arrivals hall. They also do a daily service to Broadstairs from Victoria Coach Station, just looking at National Express website, it looks as though there is a coach roughly every 2 hours, and it costs around £13 one way. You can buy coach tickets at Victoria coach station, but allow plenty of time there are usually queues.

Trains will be quicker, and costlier of course.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling from Stansted Airport to Broadstairs

The easiest & best would be to take the Stansted Express to Tottenham Hale, transfer to the Victoria Line to go to Kings Cross/St Pancras station, then train from St Pancras. That will take about 3 hours. It can be bought as one ticket at Stansted. coach would take about twice as long and save about £10-£15

But a lot depends on what date and time you are travelling

Markdorf...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling from Stansted Airport to Broadstairs

Hey,

Thanks a lot for the quick answer!! I guess I will take the coach service from Victoria London. I will be there this sunday 8th September.

Thank you once again for your piece of advice. You have been really helpful :)

4. Re: Travelling from Stansted Airport to Broadstairs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 06:21