We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

O2 Hotels and tennis tickets

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
O2 Hotels and tennis tickets

My husband and I will be in London this November for 10 days. We hope to attend the ATP tennis tournament at The O. First, we need a convenient place to stay either closeby or with good tube/train/bus connections. $200/night max., hotel or a B&B would delight. I hear Greenwich is nice. I've read Maarriott and Premier Inn by the Eye are on the Jubilee and that is a good line for the O2. We've been to London several times and usually stay in Bloomsbury or Kensignton.

Secondly, I am buying tickets for the event online but am confused. What, if any, are the differences between the night and morning sessions? The website calls a session "group stages". We want to see men's singles, preferably. Any bits of information on the O2 tennis experience will be much appreciated.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: O2 Hotels and tennis tickets

Rcspiers, I've taken note of your comments regarding Greenwich and the Jubilee line. These will help in mr research and decisions. Gracias!

TravellerPlus, thank you for the many great leads. I'll let you know how it goes.

By the way, I've read your informative entries throughout the years and was excited seeing your name responding to my entry!

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: O2 Hotels and tennis tickets

Itsmeagain2: Thanks for the practice info. I'm sure we'll be going to a few. We have tix for Th., Sat., Sun. And the final!

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: O2 Hotels and tennis tickets

Could someone please give further advice about what tickets to get-- the kind of view available from different parts of the O2 when set up for tennis? I have often wanted to attend this tournament but have been bewildered when looking at the ticket options.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,784 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: O2 Hotels and tennis tickets

There is another transportation option to the O2, which is a lot of fun - the Thames Clippers. If you stay near the London Eye (eg, Premier Inn County Hall) or somewhere near London Bridge you can travel down the Thames direct to the O2. Why join the crowds on the Jubilee Line when you can sit on a boat with a glass of wine and enjoy the views of the London landmarks from the Thames?

http://www.thamesclippers.com/going-to-the-o2

London, United...
Level Contributor
875 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: O2 Hotels and tennis tickets

Or if you really want something different for a little while come East, its not so bad here :) The Jubilee line continues up to Stratford. Theres a Premier Inn and Holiday Inn (with Staybridge Suites) at the new Westfields.

Its a very left field suggestion, but you know...

Edited: 08 August 2014, 10:20
London, United...
Level Contributor
875 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: O2 Hotels and tennis tickets

Opps, just noticed this was from last year...

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,784 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: O2 Hotels and tennis tickets

Dang! Can't believe I missed that, Joe B.

Sheila P - this is why it's better to start a new thread when you have a new question, even if it's related to an old one.

18. Re: O2 Hotels and tennis tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:15