We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family vacation in UK for 12-15days

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
333 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Family vacation in UK for 12-15days

Hi All

I am planning a family vacation with my wife and 7 years old girl for 10-15days to the UNITED KINGDOM. We plan to travel in March 2014.

I went to UK when i was 12years and just have a glimpse of a few things like the Bukkingham palace, Oxford street, hyde park etc.

I am thinking of a trip in which i stay in London for 4-5days and then want to see the countryside of UK. I am not sure which countrysides i should go too and whether it would be a good idea to rent a car(for the time being renting a car and driving in the lovely countryside of UK is fantasizing me) or go by train.

We are not much into Museums and history, rather at this moment the green country side is fantasizing me. Surely i would love to go to Blackpool and any others

I would appreciate if people on this forum can help me out in planning a nice 12-15day Budget trip. By budget i dont mean that i would stay in Bunker bed hostels, but offcourse wouldnt like to spend more than USD130/- per night in hotel. Also what approx expenses would be incurred.

Thanks

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family vacation in UK for 12-15days

"Bunker bed hostels, but offcourse wouldnt like to spend more than USD130/- per night in hotel. Also what approx expenses would be incurred."

Strange to be quoting in USD when the currency of the UK is £'s (GBP).

Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
333 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family vacation in UK for 12-15days

Sorry, its a habit of stating all things in USD.. Hmmm would not like to spend more than GBP90/- and offcourse the lesser the better

Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,689 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family vacation in UK for 12-15days

130$ converts to about £83. At that price your choice for three people will be limited, but look at budget chains like Travelodge, Premier Inn, Ibis and Holiday Inn Express who are likely to have family rooms at or below that price.

If you want to see the countryside - and there are lots of beautiful places to choose from - and given your limited time - it might be best to travel to them by train, then hire a car to tour round. Not too far from London you have the Cotswolds, South Downs, Suffolk, and a bit further out Shropshire and Somerset. The North of England is all beautiful outside the cities. Best to look at some guidebooks and narrow your choices, then come back for more help.

Oakham, United...
Level Contributor
2,664 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family vacation in UK for 12-15days

I'd suggest that the countryside looks best a little later in the year, when the leaves are all back on the trees after the winter - say May/June.

Peterborough
Level Contributor
379 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family vacation in UK for 12-15days

Would make your trip a little later in the year March time we can have heavy snow and getting anywhere can be hard work

Much greener in late April to June

6. Re: Family vacation in UK for 12-15days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 06:18