We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying season ticket with Oyster PAYG

London
1 post
Save Topic
Buying season ticket with Oyster PAYG

Hi,

instead of buying a season ticket I recharged my Oyster PAYG with the same amount. I thought that I would be able to buy a season ticket from my PAYG balance but, alas!, it was not to be. As I had recharged my balance with both card and cash I was unable to get a refund at one of the stations (so they said). How am I to get about this?

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying season ticket with Oyster PAYG

I'm not sure you can, unless you actually return the card for a refund.

There is information here about refunds - http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14631.aspx - so it might be worth giving TfL a call and explaining that you topped up the PAYG in error, and see if there's anything they can do to help you.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,707 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying season ticket with Oyster PAYG

Have you called the oyster card help line? I find they're pretty good at sorting things.

Tel: 0343 222 1234* (08:00 - 20:00 seven days a week)

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,842 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying season ticket with Oyster PAYG

The ticket offices should have given you a form to fill in which will give you a a refund by cheque to your home address

Try ringing 0343 222 1234 or email oysterenquiries@tfl.gov.uk.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying season ticket with Oyster PAYG

Several years ago I cashed in the PAYG money and bought a travelcard on the same oyster. Not sure you can still do that, but I can't see why not.

5. Re: Buying season ticket with Oyster PAYG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2014, 05:19