We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A question for local London experts - Gillingham St Pimlico

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
A question for local London experts - Gillingham St Pimlico

Hi

I'm doing some research for our next trip to London which is unfortunately still a while away. I have found a B&B which interests us in Gillingham St which runs between Belgrave Rd & Vauxhall Bridge Rd, just behind Victoria Station. Greta prices @ GBP45 per double roomper night & a special deal with 2 rooms which we would need. The B & B seems to be above a cafe on a corner in this street, I suspect on the corner of Gillingham Mews based on Google Earth but can't relly confirm that .

Its advertised on a B&B site that doesn'y give property names

http://www.uk-expo.com/bnb/swc001.htm

and the street map is

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=529133&y=178852&z=0&sv=SW1V+1HN&st=2&pc=SW1V+1HN&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf

prices are great and it sounds alright,

Problem is that without the name of the property I can't research it further and am wondering if anyone ever wanders up that way to get the name of the property or cafe and see what it looks like. Also what is the are like. I know it is convenient but is it an OK area? Not an urgest query but as they are taking bookings a year in advance & there are only 4 rooms thought I should ask the question now.

GO ENGLAND (in the football at least except for that dreadful ref you foistered on us in the group game against Croatia) 8-}

Any help greatfully accepted

London, United...
Level Contributor
429 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A question for local London experts - Gillingham St Pimlico

I live about 4 minutes walk away from that street - not sure the exact name of the cafe though.

Don't have any worries about the area, its very safe and very close to Victoria tube station. Buckingham Palace is about 15 minutes walk. Its unlikely to be the poshest hotel you will ever see though as most the hotels and b&b's are small affairs around here

Melbourne
Level Contributor
3,247 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A question for local London experts - Gillingham St Pimlico

Thanks Adam for your advice. I'm glad you have confirmed my thoughts about the area. I have also stayed in some pretty average places so I know what to expect. This place seems a little different in some ways but not being able to identify it from the B&B site & therefore get some reviews etc is quite frustrating. Its such a good price for the 2 times twin rooms (45GBP each per night) we will need that I want to try & find out more but don't know how to persue it further.

Cheers & thanks for your help.

3. Re: A question for local London experts - Gillingham St Pimlico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 03:16