We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Docklands

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North East England
Level Contributor
6 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Docklands

Hi

I am traveling to Docklands on Tuesday, and will arrive at Kings Cross at around mid day and need to get to the docklands. All the directions I have got so far start with walking to Kings x - St Pancras and a warning of uneven pavements. I thought I could go straight to the underground without leaving the station. Which is right? Also, do I have to buy separate tickets for the underground and DLR? Will I need change for machines? if so how much?

Thanks in advance

Davy

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,559 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Docklands

Could you be a little more precise as to where you want to go. Docklands is nearly as vague as saying you want to get from King's Cross to London.

London
Level Contributor
9,561 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Docklands

You don't need separate tickets for tube and DLR. but we can't advise any further without knowing where you need to get to - the term 'docklands' covers a vast area, both north and south of the river.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,679 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Docklands

have you seen this site's journeyplanner? Pretty good.

tfl.gov.uk

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,876 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Docklands

< All the directions I have got so far start with walking to Kings x - St Pancras and a warning of uneven pavements. >

There's an awful lot of building work going on at KX, thus the warning. It may mean that the way to the Tube entrance which is now in the extension to the side of KX isn't direct. The old concourse with the likes of WH Smith was demolished so you can't just walk straight from the platform to the (non-existent) stairs to the Underground that used to be there

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,917 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Docklands

There is a great deal of Docklands from which to choose; it's terminology that's applied liberally to areas where it may or may not apply.

Have you an Oyster card? If so you may load it with PAYG pre-pay and use it for the journey. If you don't wish to use PAYG on Oyster you may buy a Travelcard; the zones needed will depend on your destination in Docklands.

Let us know more, please.

6. Re: Getting to Docklands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2014, 06:23