We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Euston

Bury, UK
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Getting to Euston

I am due to arrive in Gatwick Airport from the far east at 07:00. I need to get from Gatwick to Euston station for a train to Manchester. I will be carrying a large holdall and rucksack. Considering it will be rush hour.

1. What is the best way to get to Euston station

2. How long should it take.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,234 reviews
from US$140.15*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
1,957 reviews
from US$144.27*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
515 reviews
from US$97.56*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
814 reviews
from US$97.56*
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,898 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Euston

Get the First Capital Connect train to St Pancras - about 45 minutes (£10 anytime fare). From there Euston is about 10 minutes walk if you can manage with luggage.

Although Advance fares are cheapest I would consider an off peak (for the Manchester leg) as there are factors outside your control at the airport - landing time/Immigration principally.

Check FCC timetable here:

http://www.firstcapitalconnect.co.uk/

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,404 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Euston

If you can hold off until 09.30 the trains will be less crowded and you will qualify for off-peak travel.

To avoid Victoria Underground Station, which is currently in the throes of being rebuilt (oh, joy) take a First Capital Connect train to St Pancras International and walk to Euston (about 10 minutes). Should take an hour total.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Euston

Do a price comparison for a one-way ticket from LGW to MAN on British Airways. It will be much faster and might not cost much more than the train.

London
Level Contributor
10,059 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Euston

BA have dropped the LGW MAN route....

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
5,846 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Euston

My bad - that must be recent.

6. Re: Getting to Euston

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 05:17