We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to Hackney???

Denver, CO USA
Level Contributor
407 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Heathrow to Hackney???

This is our first visit to London and I have seen several options for transport from Heathrow to Hackney. I was hoping you who are more familiar with the areas could recommend the best transport.

London
Level Contributor
10,168 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow to Hackney???

Hackney is a large area. If you give us a hotel name or street name we can make suggestions.

Arrival time and day are also relevant as these affect your options. Also, how many of you?

Denver, CO USA
Level Contributor
407 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow to Hackney???

We will be staying at the Holiday Inn at 275 Old Street. Our flight arrives 12/21 at 9:30 am. There will be only my husband and myself on this trip. Thanks!

Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,526 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow to Hackney???

Old Street is more Central London/Shoreditch than Hackney (no Londoner would call it Hackney!). Very close to Old Street station. Underground Piccadilly Line Heathrow to Kings Cross, change there to Northern Line to Old Street

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,034 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow to Hackney???

The HI in Old Street is in the borough of 'ackney, but is more on the fringes of the City than in Hackney proper. You may take transport from airport to hotel; whether you wish to combine Underground and bus or Underground and taxi is up to you.

From LHR take the Piccadilly line to King's Cross. Alight there and if you wish to take a taxi, use the rank in Pancras Road, near the rail station's departure area. Travel time to the HI will be about 10 minutes; fare will be about £12 - 15.

If you wish to take a bus, board the 205 towards Bow from stop E tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/king… Alight at stop K, just east of Old Street roundabout: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/old-… with the hotel less than a five minute walk ahead and on the left.

You may also change from the Piccadilly line to the Northern line at King's Cross. The walk between the two lines is a long'un, about 200m, so be prepared for a bit of a trek. At Old Street you will find a number of exits from the station. Exit 2, for Old Street north east side, is (if memory serves) step free, with a ramp up to street level. The walk from the station to the hotel will take less than 10 minutes.

Denver, CO USA
Level Contributor
407 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow to Hackney???

Thank you very much. I appreciate the help.

M T
Lake Charles...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow to Hackney???

We are going to fly into Heathrow and we are staying in Hackney on Sutton Pl. Can you tell me the best way to get there from the airport?

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow to Hackney???

There are no tube stations near to Sutton Place. The nearest is likely to be Bethnal Green - a good 25 minute walk away

The nearest overground station is either Hackney Downs Station or Hackney Central. You will need to get from Heathrow to Kings Cross on the Piccadilly Line and then transfer on to the Met or Circle line to Liverpool Street and then take the Overground Service on Anglia Rail to Hackney Downs - not the easiest journey in the world.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Heathrow to Hackney???

Sutton Place is close to Hackney Central station.

The simplest way of doing this journey is

(a) Piccadilly Line from Heathrow to Green Park

(b) Victoria Line from Green Park to Highbury & Islington

(c) London Overground from Highbury & Islington to Hackney Central

london
Level Contributor
8,928 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heathrow to Hackney???

I bow toyu your better knowledge Paul - sorry if i misled you MT

Hanoi, Vietnam
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Heathrow to Hackney???

Hi, I will stay at London Hackney Hotel , 27 Dalston Lane, Hackney, London E8 3DF. How should I travel from Heathrow at around 8am?

Thanks.