We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wardrobe for november weather

chennai
Level Contributor
582 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
wardrobe for november weather

Hi friends

I will be in London this November for three weeks on a research assignment. I am renting a room and working on my book, but I might go out a couple of times to meet experts for interview. Plus the usual dinners with friends...

I currently live in a tropical country and have NO winter clothes whatsoever. I would like to have some advise on what to buy. I plan to go straight to Primark as soon as I land! Bcos my coastal city in south India sells nothing appropriate for London weather...

I lived in London a few years back so am not a total stranger to the city. But I really want to have some input on what to wear for 3 weeks in *2013* and cheap too... Considering that I may have to give them away when I return home!

Off the top of my head, i am thinking opaque tights, thermal layers, boots, cardigans. Any more suggestions? Thanks in advance :-)

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wardrobe for november weather

Primark is your best bet for everything it's great for disposable clothing!!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,006 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wardrobe for november weather

Most Indians from Chennai that I know do not go that far

Try trousers, socks, waterproof shoes (ie leather) fleece jacket, hat, gloves & scarf

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wardrobe for november weather

thick tights are a good idea, and one decent pair of waterproof shoes or boots, a couple of skirts and pairs of trousers, waterprrof coat, hat and gloves.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wardrobe for november weather

Yes I think Primark is what you're looking for because you don't want to spend money on clothes that you're only going to wear for a few weeks and you can get everything there.

Castlederg
Level Contributor
543 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wardrobe for november weather

Also try supermarkets asda/tesco e.c.t.

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wardrobe for november weather

I would also try H&M as they can be just as cheap as primark but better quality for certain items like main clothing. primark is good for little bits and bobs, but it's not my first choice as I feel they have raised their prices but not their quality. Maybe try somewhere like newlook for shoes/boots as they usually have a good variable range. Have fun :)

7. Re: wardrobe for november weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2014, 05:17