We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thumbs down for Eurostar

Reading, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Thumbs down for Eurostar

travelled for the 1st time on Eurostar to Paris...will use alternative means of transport next time...seats were so cramped,uncomfortable journey..and i am glad we brought our Earplugs with us,for the constant ear popping...was a great deal @£69 return,but that would be the only reason i could justify using it..

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,508 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thumbs down for Eurostar

Cramped seats?

I'm 6ft 2in and manage okay.

Don't recall my ears ever popping either!

Will keep my ear to the ground when I travel by Eurostar again next month. Any ear popping and I'll let you know.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,508 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thumbs down for Eurostar

P.S. If you want cramped then feel free to fly next time on one of the budget airlines.

It might cost less but will take longer from centre of London to centre of Paris!

London
Level Contributor
1,292 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thumbs down for Eurostar

I've travelled a couple of dozen times or more on Eurostar - 6' 2", 15 st - no problems with seats, far wider and more legroom than the cattle class airlines. Very slight ear-popping once when two trains coincided in a tunnel - but what do you think that strange sensation in your ears and partial deafness is when aircraft are taking off and landing ?

Plus the advantages of virtually unlimited luggage (at no extra cost), room to walk around, and city centre to city centre journey, far less security hassle etc etc. Sounds as if you have a chip on your shoulder and are determined to find fault with Eurostar

Edited: 16 September 2013, 16:52
Loughton, United...
Level Contributor
6,478 posts
358 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thumbs down for Eurostar

I've often travelled Eurostar. It's a lot less hassle than aircraft and the interminable waits at airports. Once on the aircraft, my ears are constantly popping anyway.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thumbs down for Eurostar

There is less legroom on a plane, and if your ears pop on Eurostar you are going to have merry hell with them on a plane.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Thumbs down for Eurostar

Never had an ear popping experience on Eurostar. The seats are more than adequate for a two and a half hour journey and wider than those narrow aircraft seats. It provides a comfortable and convenient centre to centre journey.

Sounds like you're trying to make something out of nothing.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,882 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Thumbs down for Eurostar

Perhaps visit your GP/surgery nurse for an ear syringe:)

I suppose even trolls get Eurostar from time to time though....

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,278 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thumbs down for Eurostar

It's definitely the best way, unless there are special circumstances

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
14,246 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Thumbs down for Eurostar

I've had the ear popping happen on Eurostar, but only when we're heading under the water. Just take some chewing gum and chew vigorously for a bit. Solves the problem (for planes too).

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Thumbs down for Eurostar

I love the eurostar. Had plenty of space, cant remember ear popping, 2 suitcases(if needed, food &drink allowed and you end up in the city centre. No more flying intomLondon for me

Edited: 16 September 2013, 18:44