We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

War Horse - Cheap Seats

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
War Horse - Cheap Seats

I am looking to buy 4 tickets for War Horse as a Christmas gift for grandparents and, as much as I'd love to buy the premium seats, I just can't afford it!

I'm looking at either the end seats in the stalls - E 44/45 and F 49/50 priced at £25 on the National Theatre website, or in the dress circle seats within the range A6-13 or B 7-14 priced at £15. I've read reviews and looked at the seat plan on Theatre Monkey and the end stall seats seem to be 'normal' views, whilst some of the circle seats are shown in red.

Just wondering if any of you have sat in or near these seats and could offer some help to make my mind up? Alternatively, are there any other West End shows with reasonable seat prices that would be suitable for pensioners? They've already seen Phantom and Les Mis.

Thanks very much :)

Essex
Level Contributor
26,732 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: War Horse - Cheap Seats

Plays suitable for pensioners?

Really?

Any play that is suitable for Adult people would be fine, surely?

What kind of thing do your particular folk like?

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Ipswich
Level Contributor
7,400 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: War Horse - Cheap Seats

I'm sure your grandparents parents would love War Horse.

The theatre is very well designed (unlike some older theatres) and there don't seem to be any really bad seats. Some diagrams of the theatre don't show how much the stall seats curve round, so that seats that may look as if they're out on a limb are in fact very near the stage, which protrudes into the auditorium..

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
24,326 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: War Horse - Cheap Seats

As a pensioner, I enjoy theatre.

As already stated, there's no bad seats in the New London.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,352 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: War Horse - Cheap Seats

If you can afford it I would go for the seats in the stalls.

As for the show itself, I loved it! It suits any age group.

Not sure what qualifies as a show suitable for pensioners as you put it so I am lost with that.

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: War Horse - Cheap Seats

Thanks for the replies so far, I think I will book the side stall seats. I saw a picture of the stage and audience set up and it doesn't look like we will be too far to the side.

My question about other shows wasn't in the hope of you suggesting shows that are purely for pensioners, perhaps the word 'suitable' was the wrong one to use! I was merely trying to ask for suggestions of shows that people in that age group would appreciate. I don't, for example, think they would be keen on Rock of Ages.

Thanks again to you who commented about the seats.

London
Level Contributor
104 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: War Horse - Cheap Seats

When I saw War Horse, I had side stalls seats in the front row and it was great. The cast does use the space in front of the front row, so you need to keep your feet back, if that's the row you go for.

I hope you enjoy it.

7. Re: War Horse - Cheap Seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 06:19