We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manchester to Heathow Airport

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Manchester to Heathow Airport

I will be traveling from Manchester back to London, catching a 3pm flight at Heathow Airport. Will be catching a train at 9am from Manchester to Euston, reaching Euston at 11.05am. What will be the fastest and economy way to make my way to airport? Hopefully can reach by 12.15pm, so that I have time to claim my VAT.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Best Seller
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.10*
UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manchester to Heathow Airport

Unless you already have your train ticket why not consider flying from Manchester airport direct to Heathrow? Much more straightforward than the train if you have an onward flight from LHR

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,119 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manchester to Heathow Airport

One stop on the tube to kings cross (Northern/Victoria) change to piccadilly line, get off at heathrow. Should take just over an hour. Cost will be £5.50 cash fare.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Manchester to Heathow Airport

The tube would be the best option, easy and quick.

Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Manchester to Heathow Airport

Will check on airfare but will have at least two luggages thus not sure whether it will take a while for me to claim my luggage and check in again for my flight out of London. And whether I can claim my vat at Manchester airport?

Will taking the Hammersmith Line to Paddington then airport express to Heathow faster and easier?

London
Level Contributor
10,578 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Manchester to Heathow Airport

Will taking the Hammersmith Line to Paddington then airport express to Heathow faster and easier?

Faster? Possibly a few minutes, but not much. Easier? Nope, the change at Paddington is a pain.

Cost? Much much more.

UK
Destination Expert
for Chester
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Manchester to Heathow Airport

If you are flying onward with BA or an airline in Oneworld Alliance they would probably check your luggage straight through from Manchester to destination

7. Re: Manchester to Heathow Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 05:19