We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrible experience - EAT, 82, Kings Road, London.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Terrible experience - EAT, 82, Kings Road, London.

This lunch time had just been in the Saatchi Gallery with my daughters and their partners and decided to drop into a little eatery nearby, most cafes were crowded but EAT seemed less crowded than most so we went in there, I ordered a Mexican Bun and specified that it should have no coleslaw/mayo, however, when it arrived it was filled with coleslaw/mayo so I sent it back but saw the member of staff I handed it to drop it on the floor, he then assured me that he would bring another mexican bun to our table. When the bun arrived this time it was cold and mashed and smeared on the outside with coleslaw/mayo leaving me to deduce that it was the same bun that had been dropped on the floor with most of the coleslaw/mayo scraped off the inside then hastily wrapped again and given to me to eat. Decided that there was no point in trying to complain again having achieved no result the first time so have since complained to the actual company.

Will certainly no be eating in EAT again and neither will members of my family, and just wanted to issue a warning about this particular place.

Edited: 21 September 2013, 20:59
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
Bath UK
Destination Expert
for Bath
Level Contributor
2,647 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Terrible experience - EAT, 82, Kings Road, London.

I've always wondered how restaurants can get added to TA. (excuse my earlier post)

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Terrible experience - EAT, 82, Kings Road, London.

"I've always wondered how restaurants can get added to TA. (excuse my earlier post)"

Me too.

Does anyone out there know??

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,987 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Terrible experience - EAT, 82, Kings Road, London.

yep. just type into your browser address bar www.tripadvisor.co.uk/userreview then the detail of place you want listed when it says they arent listed already.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,769 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Terrible experience - EAT, 82, Kings Road, London.

Thanks, will give it a go.

london
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Terrible experience - EAT, 82, Kings Road, London.

I'm with you monroessex ... I felt terrible today when I went into a cafe and ordered toasted cheese to go with my coffee ... heaven knows what the yellow goo was that was smeared on top of the toast but it bore no resemblance to cheese ... in true Brit fashion I scoffed some of it (because I was hungry) and left the rest and didn't complain ... why not I don't know, must be because I'm British and we face adversity with a stiff upper lip and our mouths clamped shut

the coffee was nice tho

16. Re: Terrible experience - EAT, 82, Kings Road, London.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2014, 05:17