We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Voucher Shop

Taunton, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Voucher Shop

Has anyone been having problems with booking hotels with Hotel Voucher Shop?

We have tried all sorts, booking on line and e mailing and telephoning.

When we ring the recorded message comes on saying the next available operator will answer as soon as possible, the phone is then answered and immediately put down!

Are they having problems?

73 replies to this topic
21. Re: Hotel Voucher Shop

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 January 2014, 18:35

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Hotel Voucher Shop

This is my first negative post on Trip Adviser. It is important to do it so other people will not be caught out.

Hello everyone who has, is having trouble with HOTEL VOUCHER SHOP (HVS). I support ALL the complaints I have read, and I could add more. I am a retired professional and have been burnt badly too. I have spent much time collating information from HVS's almost impossible to use web site to collect evidence in support of my complaint about this dubious company and its, in my opinion, fraudulent claims. Etihad Airways partners with it in their Rewards Program. This is hard to understand. A reputable brand like Etihad Airways partnering with a company which clearly has much less to offer than it claims. Where was Etihad's due diligence? All prospective voucher buyers BEWARE. This company posts misleading information about the number of hotels that are available - though under their Terms &Conditions they have a mind bending paragraph they think will cover themselves legally about the ever changing range of hotels available. There are many duplications of 'minor' hotels padding out the numbers. I have contacted some of the hotels to speak with the booking managers, and in every case they have not heard of HVS. The prices HVS posts are all either above or just on what is called the hotel daily flexi rate. HVS says they will price match, but they only match to that rate, which is the highest in the hotel industry, and really only used by hotels as a marketing tool to make other 'special deal' rates attractive. If you were to pay this rate at a hotel using the hotels web site,you would be entitled to 100% cancellation fee up to the day of the booking. With HVS, however, you lose 100% of the full booking fee if you cancel 7 days or under. It would be hard to find another web site which seems to be designed to deliberately keep the user away from the product. May I suggest future posters to Trip Adviser re this matter post clear and sound feedback. It is a little unfortunate, though understandable, some of the posts have been deleted by the monitor because of legal requirements. Yet even deleted posts speak volumes in support of the many bad experiences had with Hotel Voucher Shop.

1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: Hotel Voucher Shop

Has anyone ever received a refund? This is horrible!

Hitchin, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
254 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Hotel Voucher Shop

I was given a voucher for Christmas a couple of years ago and have never been able to get the website to work properly to redeem it. I go into the site every couple of months to try again but it has now become a joke. But it's not a joke when a family member spent hard earned money buying what they thought was a lovely gift.. I haven't had the heart to tell them the truth.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Hotel Voucher Shop

I managed to get through on the phone once, but have jst tried again to experience the same as you.

I booked a hotel on line using my voucher and paid £57 in addition for the accommodation, only to find that when I checked in at the hotel there was no booking and I had to pay in full. The hotel kindly spoke to Hotel Voucher Shop the next working day and was told that I hadn't redeemed my voucher, despite having paid money to them. I have rang them to find out more but no reply, so sent an email to customer services to which I am awaiting a response.

Has anyone experienced similar ?

Scotland
Level Contributor
3 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Hotel Voucher Shop

I was given gift cards last year and have been on Hotelvouchershop.com several times. It is a terrible website and almost impossible to navigate. The search facility is useless and I end up losing the will. I only have a few months left before the cards expire and will end up going to anything I can book if I use it at all rather than choose a place I would like to go. I cannot understand why Feefo (review site) has rated them so highly; that is certainly not the case on Trust Pilot where the reviews are scathing.

A friend purchased these as a gift so I feel obliged to use them, but, it is the most stressful gift I have ever received. If I ever manage to use them, I will review the experience.

County Antrim...
Level Contributor
2 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Hotel Voucher Shop

Got a voucher as a gift for Christmas. Cannot even get on the web site. Are they still in existence?

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Hotel Voucher Shop

A friend purchased these as a gift

=====

I suggest you cut through the politeness and tell your friend nicely that these are useless, otherwise they could go on unwittingly buying them for others in future.

UK
Level Contributor
6,391 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Hotel Voucher Shop

Just took a look and the website seems to be working ok at present. Obviously don't know how an attempt at booking would work out but the site does now appear to be functional

Edited: 23 February 2015, 14:25
Scotland
Level Contributor
3 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Hotel Voucher Shop

Thanks for your comment.

My friend is already of the opinion that the purchase was a mistake. She bought some for family too and they ended up just taking whatever they could find.

My friend searched for hotel vouchers online last year and thought she had purchased Premier Inn vouchers. She had the idea that as Premier Inns are located all over the country, they would be useful. When I did a similar search I could see why she thought this was the case as a very prominent ad for Premier Inns came up alongside that for Hotelvouchershop.com. As it happens Premier Inns do not accept them (or didn't last year).

It looks as though the website may have been improved, but, I've got to say I am not impressed at the cost of rooms with these vouchers. I can get far better deals directly from many hotels. Also, their geography is a bit suspect too - I looked for city hotels and hotels listed included some which were 20 miles away in different towns.

I will use them somewhere for the sake of not giving money for nothing to this organisation.

Reply to: Hotel Voucher Shop
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted