We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rentalcars.com

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
rentalcars.com

Stay away from rentalcars.com!

I booked a car from them in May 2013 for a Heathrow, London pickup in late July. I cancelled my booking July 1st as I need to change locations and dates. I re-booked again with new dates, picked up the car as planned and used it for 2 weeks in the UK. When I returned to Canada I noticed that the credit for my initial cancellation didn't show up on my visa statement. It took over two months and numerous enquiries and e-mails to finally get my money back. Next time I'll book directly with a rental company!

40 replies to this topic
Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rentalcars.com

Booked in UK and negotiated free one-way drop-off - Rental cars put that on the voucher (Free one-way drop-off). But Goldcars in Palma refused to honor and charged me 50 Euros. Returned to UK, and 5 weeks later and after 4 emails I have had no response from rentalcars other than a standard email.

So once they have your money you are on your own once you are in country, and when you complain on return to UK they ignore you - very poor approach to customer service.

The contracted car company used by Rentalcars, Goldcars, were clear that they NEVER pay any attention to what rentalcars type on the voucher (such as Free one-way drop-off) since Renatlcars are not authorised to offer such incentives. Go figure.

So hit the company in the wallet and don't use them; ever! Use a company that tells you the truth.

FACTS: we paid 300 sterling in advance for 12 days and the additional costs were 290 sterling! By the way we have hired cars all over the world and in UK and had never come across such blatant misinformation.

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: rentalcars.com

With RENTALCARS.COM I had the worst experience ever with a car rental company. They claimed not to have received my (2 weeks before arrival) cancellation and charged me for the full rental period of 16 days > a total of almost € 700,00.

Because they are agents/brokers you do not deal directly with the car-rental company. Never use brokers/agents because their service is horrific and their prices overcharged and absolutely not the chaepest, as advertised by RentalCars.

I hope they threw a nice party for their co-conspirators at their head-office with my € 700,00, cheers for nothing.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rentalcars.com

DO NOT USE!

I too have had an issue.

The car was booked for the week before (this could be my error but why would I book for the wrong week?) and I realised when they asked me how the booking went! When I queried this they advised me they could not do anything. I them booked with another company as I am not using them again.

They then advised that if I rebooked they would return my money for the original booking so its tough on me because they informed me incorrectly and now wont refund my money!

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: rentalcars.com

Thanks for your post!

Barcelona, Spain
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: rentalcars.com

STAY AWAY!!!! THIS IS NOT A LEGIT COMPANY!

Booked through them with Enterprise, Germany, on my arrival at the pick-up point, I only had the Visa debit with which I paid to retalcars.com. Enterprise required a visa card and I didn't rent the car. Enterprise assured me in writing that they wouldn't charge me for my booking; Rentalcars.com, however, didn't refund me at all although no service was provided. I asked them to keep their commission and fees but to refund the amount they were supposed to pay to Enterprise that Enterprise didn't charge. They didn't do it; instead I was treated unprofessionally. Stay away - they are thieves!

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: rentalcars.com

I feel sorry for you, you are absolutely in your right!

Rentalcars think they can get away with their crooky manners of 'dealing' with their customers.

Spread the word!

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rentalcars.com

I made my booking on the back of a hotel room booking site that they're partnered with. There was no option to change the start / end time of the vehicle booking and it defaulted to the check-in / check-out time of the hotel room.

Therefore when I arrived at the airport it was 3 hours after the time stated. However this was extended as it took myself, and two other couples who'd also made a booking through rental cars, 45 minutes to find their representative who was holding no sign-age or company logo's for either RentalCars or the local company the vehicle was booked through (Orlando). It was only by asking almost every member or staff in the arrivals lounge we eventually found someone who knew him, and he was just stood in a corner on his phone.

When speaking to him he said my car had been cancelled as I was late and walked away! I rang their local office who confirmed it had been cancelled and were adamant there was no way I could have a vehicle that day.

Having sent 8 emails (one on the day I was supposed to collect the vehicle 25/01/2014) I finally received a poorly written email back from them today 20/03/2014, saying they believe there was an issue with the hotel booking's system at the time, but the 100% cancellation fee applies.

Terrible company, no customer service, god knows what would happen if someone actually managed to pick up a car and then had too make a claim!

Avoid!

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: rentalcars.com

These people (rental cars) are more frustrating to deal with than with a crook.

They are only there to grab your money!

AVOID!

Port Macquarie...
Level Contributor
16 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: rentalcars.com

I concur 100% with the advice given here - avoid rentalcars.com (& Dollar) at all cost!

My dissatisfaction stems from rentalcars booking confirmation having NO reference to additional taxes having to be paid on one way rentals. Specifically the quote says "one way fee 750 US$' NOT 'one way fee 750 US$ + tax'.

Their 'oversight' cost me over US$100. Additionally, the car supplied by Dollar was a Hyundai Genesis & not the Chrysler 300 I ordered. Surely theses cars aren't comparable!

Never again

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: rentalcars.com

Just a bunch of grabbers....

Reply to: rentalcars.com
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted